Chapter 11 (Michael)- AGENT-OF-INFLUENCE

April 14th, 2032
Los Angeles, California

Whatever happens, happens. This both was and was not the case. Michael and Kamaria had arrived in LAX late that night and rushed home. When they arrived, Seth was no where to be seen. The house was exactly how Michael left it before his trips to D.C. and New York. Except, for a cryptic message left on his desk. Someone had gotten into the house to leave it there. This disturbed Michael a bit but once his wife looked at it, she assured him that the message was meant from her. And that it was from Arastoo's people. This knowledge made Micheal relax a bit but that means someone knew that they were together and that they were coming back here. If the "good guys" knew, could that mean that the "bad guys" knew as well? He shook his head. Of course not. If the bad guys and the Barrett Family found out, they would surely be dead already.

After some figuring out, Kamaria determined that the message said about meeting up for lunch at a specific and special location. Arastoo's people want both of them to show up. Since they still had some time, they both tried their best to sleep. When they woke up, it was midmorning, and they were both very tired. As they got ready and ate something, she could not stop about the message. It occurred to her that it was an order.

Kamaria shook her head. "In sending this, that means there is more work to be done. For me... For us..." She looked down. "They still have need for us. Here I was, hoping this would all be over..." She held Michael's hand. "Whatever comes out of this meeting, would you be willing to do this... with me?"

Michael stared at her holding both of her hands now. No matter what happened between the two of them, deep down, he still loved her, very much so. Being with her over the last 16 hours definitely reminded her of that. "Let's wait until the meeting and see what they want. Then I will let you know." He bent over and kissed her deeply.

Shortly after noon, they arrived at the predetermined location: the LA Zoo. They sat down at an outdoor table nearby a food vender and the Zoo entrance. After a couple of minutes, Michael saw the Kamaria had recognized a women approaching them. Without saying a word, she sat down and faced them.

"I am Dr. Samaria Paewa-Kaaka. Nice to finally meet you Senator Campbell." Maria introduced shaking his hand, "But you can call me Maria, almost everyone does. May I call you Michael?" She quickly looked around and checked her surroundings.

"Sure thing Maria", Michael replied looking around too, "Seth told me so about you. The pleasure to meet you too!"

They smiled at each other, except for Kamaria.

"Maria!" Kamaria quietly injected, "What are you doing here? I thought I was not supposed to meet you in public? I knew it had to be you wrote the message. So it has to be something really important. What is going on?"

Maria looked around again and then down towards the table. "I have bad news for you both..." She paused to collect herself. "Bad news about Seth. His pilot friend flew him out of Seattle. The plane went down somewhere near Mt. Saint Helens. I am sorry..." She kept her gaze on the table.

Micheal and Kamaria sat there with their mouths agape. They now understood why they have not heard from Seth and why he had not showed up. They tried not to fear the worse but the thought of death did cross their minds.

"How bad is it?" Micheal spoke up first.

"Not sure." Maria answered, "I have an operative on her way there as we speak. She still some distance to go before arriving at the approximate crash site. We know it is nearby Mt. Saint Helens but possibly South of the volcano. I am using every resource available to me, but our estimates could be off by a mile, or more! Unfortunately, my resources are spread very thin at the moment..." She shook her head.