Chapter 10 (Seth)- The Guardian Angel

April 14th, 2032
Near the Slopes of Mt. Saint Helens

Caw! Caw! Caw!
Tapping on metal. Tap. Tap. Tap. Like a woodpecker trying to pierce a tin can to get to the goodies inside.
Caw! Caw! Caw!
The tapping got louder, and closer. And louder. And closer. Until the tapping on metal stopped. And the tapping on flesh began. On his head.
Seth opened his eyes. Everything was blurry but it was daylight. The sun was out. Last thing he remembered was flying in the dusk. He remembered... The crash!

Seth tried to frantically get up from where he was, but could not. He was stuck. He was trapped. As soon as his eyes cleared up, he saw why. On his back, he was still strapped to his chair, which was resting the planes' wing. His left leg was still inside the cockpit and wedged tightly under the dashboard.

"Alex!" Seth called out trying to look for his friend. He craned his neck to get a better look inside but could not. After some trying, he was able to unbuckle himself from the chair. He regretted the decision. Alex was still seated in the pilot's chair with that part of the plane crumbled up against and into his body. There also appeared to be a piece of wood or branch sticking out of his stomach. There was blood all over. He had hoped that his friend's death has been quick even if the evidence did not say as much. Propping himself up a bit, he could tell that the plane skidded on the ground for while before hitting and hugging a tree which sheared the left wing off. The plane then went into a spin before finally coming to a stop where it was now.

Caw! Caw! Caw!

Seth's thoughts were interrupted by sound of a bird that seemed to wake him up earlier. He looked up to see a crow circling around overhead. Then it came and landed on the plane. The crow looked him straight into his eyes for what seemed like an eternity. Even though such a scenario would make anyone feel uncomfortable, for some reason, he did not. He felt at ease and comfort from the bird.
"May you please get help?"
Surprisingly, the words spilled naturally from his mouth as if it were a normal thing to do. Requesting help from a crow.
Caw! Caw! Caw!
The crow seemingly replied and took off in a specific direction, leaving him to his thoughts.

Seth tried to get up and around again but his left foot was still pinned inside the plane. He then decided to check himself for any other injuries. Besides some scrapes and bruises, especially by his left leg, he had a decent injury on his head that had bled a little bit. He must of have been knocked out and was unconscious all night, hopefully. He definitely had a concussion and was slowly recovering from it. So he decided to stay laying there on the wing.

His thoughts drifted to his friend Alex, whose dead body just lay a few feet away. Seth momentarily cried for Alex, his family, his friends, and everyone else who knew and loved him. He cried because in a way, it was his fault. He got Alex involved in this trouble and made Alex fly him away from it. Alex's death was on him. He thought about Arastoo's message and the trouble that came with it. He thought about his other friends hoping that they were not targets as well. He thought about Micheal and Demetrio hoping that he did make them targets too, even though most likely they already were.

Next he thought about the possibility of rescue. He desperately hoped that someone knew or would find out that the plane went missing and would do something about it. That they will come looking for them. Judging by the damage and how far the plane traveled before stopping, it could very well be that they could look I the wrong place and/or take much longer to find him. He tried his best to mentally prepare himself for survival in the woods for a decent period of time. If only he was able to get his foot and leg out of the plane!

Finally, he wondered where he could be. Where exactly the plane must of have crashed landed. He looked at the trees into the sky. The tops were swaying in the lite breeze. He remembered seeing Mt. Saint Helens before the plane encountered issues and fell from the air. There is a chance that is where he was, relatively nearby the volcano. Being in close proximity to a volcano itself was worrying but it has been a awhile since the eruption back in 1980. Hopefully that will not be something extra to worry about.