Chapter 17 (Totit)- Sleeping with the Enemy?

April 14, 2032
Encino, California

Totit and John has spent the whole afternoon making sure that everything was okay at the Zoo and made sure that Pan and the other chimps and bonobos were doing well. Extra security was provided and some of the other workers and helpers decided to stay a little longer. There was a very brief police presence because John did not want anything that was in the safe room to be reported missing. The police were told that it must of have been a prank, with some kids messing around, or something like that. No harm, no foul. They both knew otherwise. John just really wanted as few people as possible to know of whatever had been taken. Not only did she agree, she also said that she would help him investigate as much as possible.

After a dinner date of sorts and getting to know each other better, they both went to Totit's place to talk and plan. They sat on her couch facing each other. 

"I know that we have only known each other for months... but..." Totit started, "But... Could the dinner we just had be considered a date?"

John slowly grinned, then fully smiled, while grabbing her hands. He gave off his usual charm and charisma. "Yes... It was a date. I did not know if it was too early to make it official, but I have had my eyes on you..."

Totit interrupted him and blurted out: "I want to be your girlfriend!" She covered her mouth shocked at what she said.

His smile grew to include his teeth.

Seeing that, Totit smiled back just as much. She spoke those words without a second thought. Speaking of thoughts, she realized that while she had spent whole afternoon with John, not a single one was about Seth. She liked that, a lot. She was really glad not to have Seth on her mind for once. If moving on with and being in a relationship with John allowed that to happen, then so be it. She would do anything and be with anyone if it meant getting Seth off her mind. She needed to move on.

"Sure, I would like that. I want to be your boyfriend as well." John held Totit's face between his hands.

Totit did the same bringing his face close to hers. Their lips inches apart; she felt his breath on her. This was the moment of truth for her. Everything tingled throughout her body. This was beyond mere attraction. She was falling for him, and allowed herself to be consumed by it. She completed gave in to those primal and carnal urges. She kissed him. The second man in less then 12 hours. There was no regret, by either party.

Totit wanted it. She desired it. Demanded it. The kiss was passionate and deep. Much different from what she had with Seth. And better. So much better. She liked... No, loved that it was. This went beyond all expectations. She was even more glad for it. She hugged and drew John in closer. She felt his body pressed up against hers. She did not want it to stop... But then it did.

John's phone went off and interrupted the hypnotic kiss and Totit's pleasure.

"Sorry love...", he said after seeing who was calling, "But I have to answer this. It will be important." He left to go to the bathroom.

Totit sat there still feeling from the euphoria from the kiss with John. She could not hear what he was saying but from his tone, he sounded concerned, then angry, and finally hopeful. He confirmed something with an understanding and hung up. But he stayed in the bathroom for a while longer. She was getting anxious. The anticipation of taking things further and being intimate was too much to handle. She got up from the couch and started pacing. Finally after a few more minutes, he got out of the bathroom, but looked cheerful, and charming.

"Everything okay?" Totit asked walking over to him.

The concern briefly returned but was quickly replaced by his usual charisma. "Yes love. Just something with my... Family... Came up. That was my father in the phone. He was letting me know that our Family and group meeting got pushed up to this weekend. He wanted to know if I was still able to make it, on such a short notice. I told him I can make it, but only if I can bring you. Most of the people from our ape group will there."