Chapter 12 (Totit)- Plans Derailed

April 14th, 2032
Los Angeles Zoo

Standing there at the Zoo entrance, Totit could not believe her eyes. All she wanted to do was get away from the new guy with the Southern accent, Augustus, or Gus. Take a break, maybe eat something. He had started being a bit annoying, clingy, and distracting, especially his cologne which reminded her off Seth. Seemed like he was trying his best to keep her away from from John, or something. Which was strange and annoyed her even more. She just needed some time to figure out these feelings and thoughts. When the opportunity arose, she took it and went straight for the entrance. Suddenly she had to stop in her tracks because of what we saw. Because of who she saw sitting at a table nearby.

Michael and Kamaria were seated with a woman she could not recognize. They were having an intense conversation. Kamaria seemed upset and got up to walk over towards the food stands. Micheal got angry after a brief discussion with this woman and stormed off over to some other food carts. The woman was left at the table alone, her back facing her. The woman then pulled and checked a phone. After about a minute or so of texting, she quickly put the phone down and frantically looked around. Then she stopped to completely turned around to face the entrance, and her.

Totit hid behind the entrance fence hoping that she was not spotted. She dared not look back. Regardless of how silly she looked, she squat walked as far away as possible until she was satisfied with being at a safe distance. She then got up ran back towards the gorilla enclosure where had last saw Augustus. Almost all morning she had given him of a tour of the behind the scenes places and the primary primate play areas. Fortunately, their old timer gorilla really wanted to play so Gus got special treatment. And Totit used the chance to escape.

Now she regretted it... Yet another regret to add to her list. Only because seeing Micheal again and the confusion over why he was here, was really unsettling her. Micheal was a good man and an excellent father figure to Seth but yet, once he found out the truth about her teenage drinking problem, he became almost two faced with her. She understood that it was because Seth's parents were killed due to a drink driver. He was just being protective. But she had been sober for months before she met Seth. She kept up her AA meetings. She did everything she could to stay on the straight path. Yet, Micheal, who was clearly not so perfect himself, hence the eventual spilt with his wife, Kamaria, had the right to judge her. To have a say in her life. To decide whether or not Seth should be with her. She was her own woman. She was in control, not Seth, Micheal, or anyone else! She could be with whoever she wanted!

When she reached the gorilla enclosure, Totit saw that Gus was in there having a swell time with the old gorilla. He seemed to really know what he was doing. Just like with John, Totit felt a further attraction to Gus. She decided not to brush the feeling away and allow it to envelope her instead. Besides with John, the only other time a man made her feel this way was with Seth. She had to take it as a sign that maybe, just maybe she was getting over Seth. That she was indeed ready to move on. At this point, she was willing to take that chance. Besides Seth, she had nothing to lose.

She entered the enclosure. The old gorilla came over and gave her a hug.

"Ah, I was wondering what had happened to you!" Gus flashed her a sexy smile. "You just sort of disappeared..."

"Yeah... Sorry about that... I had to go use the bathroom... And check something out real quick..." She falsely smiled back, and tried her best not to show it. Which did not work.

Gus looked at her. With worry or disappoint. There was even some dread in there. She did not know.

"What something?" He sternly asked sending shivers through her body, not good nor bad. All of the annoyance and clinginess he had earlier was gone in an instant.