Chapter 16 (Michael)- Honeypot

April 14th, 2032
Los Angeles, California

After the disaster that was the meeting, Michael spent half of the afternoon driving around LA and the other half back at home, alone. All the while he thought about and tried to process everything thoroughly. Mostly he was mentally preparing himself for the hard task ahead. If he was going to be forced to kill an innocent wolf just so that he can infiltrate, and help take down the anti-wolf people, and Jake Barrett, then so be it. A necessary evil as the saying goes. Then that means that he could not be too hard on Kamaria.

Kamaria...

After getting his lunch, he saw that both Kamaria and Maria had suddenly disappeared. Which was fine because he went and wanted to eat alone. He needed to be alone right. He did not need Kamaria, and his love for her, distracting him. He had to accept the fact that his life was going to change. Forever. There was nothing he could do about that. At least, nothing right now. Maybe once there is success with this endeavor, he will find Seth and try to see where Arastoo disappeared to. Hopefully they are both alive. One he wanted to see very desperately, the other, he really wanted to talk to and give a piece of his mind to. Arastoo had a lot of explaining to do. Then he figured that he would join Arastoo's cause in revealing secrets and knowledge to the world.

Nearing dinner time, he ordered a bunch of food. Micheal figured that if Kamaria came, then there would be food for her too. He also always tried his best to be considerate of her, especially when she would work or be out late and knew that she did not eat and would to tired to cook. It was the lies and the secrets and the lack of patience that lead to them separating. Now, it looked like that she was possibly forced to become separated in order to get undercover. So deep uncover that she had to sleep with Jake Barrett. Jake Barrett of all people! He shook his head at the thought and shuddered. He regretted how he treated her during the meeting at lunch. He should of have not pushed her away like that. Maybe that would be good for their cover. That way she can still have an influence on Jake.

Micheal decided to message her. Short and simple but hopefully effective, just in case someone was monitoring their phones.

You got me thinking after our conversation. Come back to my place, ordered food. We can talk some more. I agree, Senator Barrett is right, wolves are a menace.

After sending the message, he got a reply from her right away.

Okay. Be there soon.

If the anti-wolf people see this at least, hopefully they would tink that Kamaria turned Micheal over to the dark side. He did still find it interesting that they have yet to go after him. His position as a Senator does make that quite difficult. Arastoo wouldn't be miss by many and something going wrong with the expedition was perfect cover. They just did not expect Arastoo to still be alive, for now. Seth really wouldn't be missed either, even if he was the adopted son of a Senator. Demetrio is especially a nobody in the grand scheme of things. Micheal wondered what Demetrio could be going through. Being a Senator fortunately and unfortunately has its perks. His disappearance or murder would be noticed by the other politicians. They were just waiting for the right time to strike and make to look like an accident. He was not going to let that happen.

Kamaria arrived shortly after the food did. As soon as she did, she hugged and kissed Michael all over.

"I am so sorry Mike! I am sorry that you had to find out about all that. Especially about what you may need to do in order to..."

Micheal interupted and stopped her by kissing as deeply as he could. "Enough of that for now. Let's try to enjoy dinner. I have a feeling that we will not be having them alone soon." He pulled her into an embrace holding her tightly. After a few minutes, he guided her to over to the table.

They ate mostly in silence but both relished the peace and quiet. Afterward, they sat next to each other on the couch. Micheal held her hand with their fingers laced. Kamaria rested her head and his shoulder. They both stared at the blank TV.

"I am so glad that the anti-wolf people trust me enough to allow us to have some privacy." Kamaria spoke first.

"Why's that?" Micheal asked turning to look at her beautiful face. 

"In part because I miss spending time with you... And being with you." She squeezed his hand. "Also because I am technically still with Jake. So them finding out about us will ruin the plan."

"So your cover is not blown?" He asked turning away, this time towards the sliding door to his yard.

"Appears not. This afternoon I spoke with him and some other members. The meeting got pushed up to this weekend. They want us to go. I guess I can still be considered a honeypot." She noticed that he was not looking at her.

Micheal just nodded in confirmation and understanding.

Kamaria gently took his face and turned it back towards her. Then she straddled and sat on his lap facing him. Another thing they use to do before the separation. Micheal had always enjoyed these moments with her. But it was bittersweet; they would not be able to do this once they go undercover. Then he thought of Jake Barrett, or anyone else, putting their hands on her instead. He quickly shook the thoughts from his head. Instead, he just hugged his wife back and kissed her deeply some more.

Micheal was really going to have to put am act on. When he started acting, he was told that he was not that good. He nevertheless worked hard and got some hits in. That even allowed him to work along side some major film stars. His acting ability changed once he met Seth's father. The chemistry the two of them had was unbeatable, and undeniable. So much so that there was not a single role they took alone. Until his death, Seth's father and Micheal played together in whatever they could. They were known for playing two feuding fathers over their children's actions. Two lovers who stumbled upon an odd alien invasion slowly happening. Finally, a franchise about two buddy cops who eventually take the law into their own hands in order to ensure justice is done. When Seth's father died, the filmmakers and Micheal tried their best to continue but found that they could not. They gave the best satisfying conclusion they could and ended the franchise.

Now Michael would have to tap into his acting ability again. One that he not used in 10 years. He had to though. He had to play the part of wolf hater. He had to work up a story and his enough excuse as to why he suddenly changed. Or maybe he was always this way... and was fearful to speak out, until he fully saw the truth. He figured that that could work with that, for now. Kamaria had helped in making them realize that about him. All could go according to plan...

Micheal's attention went back to his wife still straddled on his lap. "Good, whatever can help keep our cover during the meeting..." He paused still not wanting to think about Jake having sex with his wife. "Whatever you need to do, do it. I am going to try my best to do the same." He held her hands now. "No matter what we do... whether horrible... or unfaithful... We are still husband and wife. For better, or for worse, and till death do us apart. Right?"

Kamaria started crying, and declared, "Right! Our actions going forward will not change anything about our relationship! I do not love Jake or anyone else! I only love you!" She sealed with a kiss. "We will do this for Seth. We will do this for all of the wolves and people who still have to find each other! We are doing this to reveal the truth!"

Micheal nodded and smiled at her wiping away her tears. His heart swelled from the profound effect their statements had. The love he had for this woman was greater then anything they might face. In a way, this also lead to him getting over all the situations that caused their separation. It all gave him fuel and the drive needed to see this endeavor through. Then he fiercely and passionately kissed and touched Kamaria until they both started to be more intimate with one another.