Chapter 4 (Seth)- ...If Two of them are Dead

April 13th, 2032
Seattle, Washington

"Come in! I have been expecting you both!" A voice said after Seth knocked. He looked over at Alex who just shrugged. He opened the door to Dr. Samaria "Maria" Paewai-Kaaka's office to find her sitting at her one of her arm chairs, staring at them inpatiently, and strumming her fingers.

"Alex, I would like to meet the sacred Samaritan!" Seth said to him as they shook Maria's hand when she got up. She sat at her desk as the boys sat in her arm chairs.

"Ah, leave it to Arastoo to give you such a clue!" She smiled and beamed. "A clever play on my name's double meaning!" She explained how Samaria meant Samaritan and Maria was another way to say sacred. Alex nodded in understanding.

"What took you both so long to find me? Ever since Arastoo went missing, I followed you, Seth, and your friends. I came back here hoping and thinking that you would come find me."

"Arastoo sent me this not that long ago." Seth told her as he gave her the print out. "He is alive! And he needs our help, I think. What is the Beale Machine?"

Maria looked back at the print out. To the subject line and the coded message. She then saw Seth's circles and hand writing of the hidden message. Knowing Indonesian, she translated it fairly quickly and knew what it said: the truth is the secret of the wolf. She put the print out on desk and got up. She looked out the window for a little bit then closed the blinds. Then she walked over the her office door, and locked and lacked it.

"What the both of you are about to see, must remain a secret. Once I know what the coded message says, I will be able to explain more." She went over to her book case and fiddled with it a bit. There was a click and the book case swung forward and she entered. She turned on a light and something else that made a noise that rivaled almost any printer. Coming back out, she grabbed the print out telling them to stay seated.

"Do you know what is going on?" Alex questioned kind of whispering.

"No idea but I know that she was... is friends with Arastoo. Maybe she recognized something that I over looked on the message. Arastoo might have entrusted me to give her this message... But why me?"

"Seeing as how Arastoo appears to have a lot friends, he had a lot to pick from. Maybe this has to do with the truth he mentioned to you during your training with him." Alex pondered louder, then shrugged.

"The truth indeed!" Maria said exiting the secret room. She sat back done with some more pieces of paper. "I don't know how to tell you this Seth... but the time has come for you to learn... everything. But not from me, yet. This comes from Arastoo himself." She handed him the second piece of paper, keeping the first for herself to put away. "This is the decrypted message from what Arastoo sent you. I used the Beale Machine. I will explain about that later, but for now read. And read out loud."

Seth took the paper and saw that the coded message was now eligible. He started reading:

"Now this part is for him, have him read it to you-
Seth, I really don't know where to begin. I am sorry that you have to find out this way and not by me telling you in person. Unfortunately, the events that have transpired over the last few days has changed everything.
First off, I am fine, for the moment. I am hiding out and on the move again, but in secret. So I can't tell you where I am. By the time you read this, I may be on the way to the next place. I survived what happened at the expedition's camp. We were attacked by multiple forces from within and without. Don't know if there was any survivors. I was able to escape the attack, with some help. Then I was eventually able to escape after being trapped in the mountains for a little bit.
Now, I am getting help that hopefully will be subtle. I can't endanger anyone else because of our mist... because of my need and obsession with change, and progress. That is why I have decided to further break protocol, to tell you the truth, and warn you of the consequences.
There is so much to more to life, history, and humanity. I could not even begin to tell you what is really out there! Just know that for a very long time, certain knowledge and secrets have been withheld from people. The oldest and best kept secret is about the relationship we shared with wolves as both species evolved in and out of Africa. The truth is the secret of the wolf. This relationship allowed humans and wolves to dominate the whole planet in at least 30 thousand years! Up until at least about 10 thousand years ago and a rift happened. We turned against the wolf. This hatred that developed eventually almost caused the wolf to go extinct. Fortunately, some very few people remember the relationship and have been desperately trying to bring the wolf back. That is what the expedition was doing in those mountains. I was secretly trying to look for evidence of this relationship. And I wanted to expose it. In doing so, I invited multiple forms of trouble, and we were attacked because of all of that. There are people out there that will stop at nothing in order to keep this truth, and secret, hidden. There are others, yet unknown people, who are trying to keep other and different secrets and knowledge hidden. Everyone is clashing.
That is why you are involved, because of your parents. Your parents, myself, Maria, and many others, we all belonged to same group, a pro-wolf group. Unfortunately, your parents died before they can tell you the truth and get you to join the group. That may of have been the motivation behind their deaths. Myself and others though have investigated but unfortunately could not find any connection. The anti-wolf group are good covering up and masking deaths like that.
Because of my foolishness, you, and a lot of other people, are in danger. Maria will warn the others but you must tell Michael, Demetrio, and... even Totit. Tell them everything, because at this point, the cat is out the bag. They need to know what is going on and who is coming for them.
I am sorry and want to apologize profusely in case I never get the chance again. You are like the son I never had and am so proud of the man you are becoming. Regardless of what happens to me, I know that everything will be fine. You will be fine. Step into your mother's shoes. Continue our work, continue her work.
I love you Seth, forever and always."