Steel Magnolias || Athena Carter

|| Athena is Angela's character from 9-1-1. I'm using her maiden name cause she ain't married in this one shot🥴 And this will be multiple one shots because I don't like super long chapters. This was requested by _sarahxlove_  and the reader's name will be Maggie; short for Magnolia like the flower and the reader is Maddie's (Jennifer Love Hewitt) sister. ||

Maddie

Maddie

"9-1-1 what's your emergency?"

"There's an intruder in my home. 2989 South Marian Drive. Please hurry, I'm hiding in my closet and I think they have a gun."

"Alright ma'am hang tight, I'm sending units your way. What's your name?"

"Magnolia Buckley..."

"Oh God. Maggie? Maggie it's me Maddie, okay just hold on I'm sending a team your way."

"Maddie? Maddie please hurry. I hear the footsteps getting closer."

Soon after a ear piercing scream was released into the air... Then the call dropped.

Athena

"Attention all units we have a robbery in progress at 2989 South Marian Drive. The intruder could possibly be armed." Maddie's voice rang through my dispatch catching my attention. 

"Copy that. I'm on the move." I responded as I started my car. I quickly turned on my lights and dashed down the street going to the address. After a minute or two a few other police vehicles where following me and blocking off traffic allowing me to move quicker.

Soon I was pulling up turning my lights and sirens off so I wouldn't alarm the intruder. I pulled my gun and flashlight out as I approached the door taking note that it was kicked in. I flicked my flashlight on and shone it around the living room as I slowly walked into the house before turning back quickly to motion the rest of the team to enter. I stepped over broke glass and through the house shining my light as I went through making sure every room and corner was clear.

Some shuffling was heard ahead of me so I stopped in front of the bedroom door to listen closely. I slowly eased the door open and moved my light around illuminating the room to make sure no one was there.

"LAPD! Who's in here?" I asked in a strong voice as I stepped into the room a little more. After a few seconds the closet door unlocked and slid open before a young girl crawled out of it with tears staining her face. I put my gun back in its holster and I approached her slowly so I wouldn't scare her.

"I'm Deputy Cater. What's your name sweetheart?" I stretched out my hand for her to take. She eyed it for a second before taking my hand and standing up slowly.

"M-maggie Buckley." Her voice quivered and her body shook with fear. She slowly lifted her head as a soft gasp escaped my lips.

"Well you're safe now Maggie. We have some paramedics outside to check you out okay?" I began to walk slowly leading her out of the room. I saw her nod her head softly as tears continued to roll down her plump cheeks; my heart ached slightly seeing those fat tears roll out of her honey brown eyes. She was in too much shock to realize who I was.

We continued to walk out of the house slowly as I guided her around the broken glass on her floor. Once we were outside we were bombarded by paramedics and other police officers; putting my hand up to stop them I continued to walk to the ambulance with my arm secured around her to give her some feeling of safety.

"Maggie!!" I turned my head and saw Maddie running toward us. I went to let her go but she grabbed onto my arm and held onto me still seeming to be in a state of shock.

"Maggie oh my god are you okay?" Maddie finally made it over to us and stopped in front of us to take a look at her younger sister.

"She's still in a state shock Maddie. She won't even let me go." I said in a quiet voice trying not to scare the poor girl anymore. I eased down on the back of the ambulance pulling Maggie down with me letting her hold onto my arm as Howie checked out her cuts and bruises. Once he was done I turned so I was facing her and I slowly brought my hands up to her face; placing them on her cheeks I turned her head so she was facing me before trying to catch her eyes that were fixated on the ground.

"Sweetheart I need to get your statement. Are you willing to ride with me down to the precinct or do you want to tell me right here?" Her eyes slowly found mine and a hint of realization showed in her eyes.

More tears cascaded down her face as a soft sob leapt from her throat. She flew right into my arms holding onto me tightly while shaking with fear. All I could do in that moment was wrap my arms around her and let her cry. After about five minutes or so her cries let up and her breathing evened out then shortly after she pulled away from me whilst wiping her face with the back of her hand.

"Okay. I'm ready to give my statement Thena." Her voice was low and raspy from her crying; it sent a shiver up my spine but I pushed it away as I reached down to my utility belt pulling out my notepad and paper.

"Alright so tell me what happened."

___________________________________
923 words

|| This was honestly very crappy but I didn't want to bunch everything into one part so the next part should come out in a day or so. Again if you have requests just comment or dm me. You can dm me on instagram too @/elmosweerrlldd but yeahhh that's all for now folks || ~ T