Curly Fries || Cate Blanchett

|| In this one shot Cate and Rooney go out to lunch while filming Carol. They were still in their costumes so they went to a retro diner called Schoop's where the waitress rolls around on roller skates. The reader is their waitress and her name is Savannah.||

Cate

"Hey Roons you wanna go out to dinner? There's a cute little diner up the street

"Hey Roons you wanna go out to dinner? There's a cute little diner up the street."  I looked through the dressing room mirror and saw Rooney scrolling through twitter; as usual.

"Sure. Should we change or do you think it'll be quick?" She briefly looked up.

"It's a retro theme dork. We're gonna wear our costumes there now come on." I got up and snatched her phone out of her hand before pulling her out of her chair as well as the dressing room.

Once we got settled in the car I gave her phone back to her and headed down to the diner. It had the typical retro look; a big neon sign on the front with classic checkerboard tiles around the side. I parked close to the front just incase we had to hurry and leave; once I got out of the car I fixed my clothes before grabbing my purse out of the backseat and heading inside.

There were a few people inside but it wasn't packed and busy which I was thankful for. As I was looking around a waitress rolled right up to us with a smile on her face while holding a platter of food.

"Well I see you cane dressed for the occasion. You two ladies find yourself a seat. I'll be with you in a moment." She flashes us another smile before rolling off to another table to serve them their food. We followed her instructions and sat down at the little bar and waited for her to roll around.

"This place is cool. Do you think we should bring the others down here soon?" I looked over at Rooney and she was stuck in her phone once again.

"Rooney!"

"Huh?! What?" She jumped up and looked around before looking at me.

"You didn't hear a thing I said did you?" I cut my eyes at her briefly as she slowly shook her head. I just rolled my eyes and turned around as the waitress from earlier rolled around the other side of the counter before stopping in front of us.

"Sorry to keep you ladies waiting. I'm Savannah and I'll be your server today. What can I get for you today?" She flashed a smile before taking out her notepad and pen getting ready to take our orders. I quickly scanned at the menu that hung above her head before ordering.

"I'll have a chocolate milkshake, an order of curly fries and bacon cheese burger. What about you Roons?" I looked over at Rooney seeing her all in her phone again.