One In The Same || Wilhemina Venable

|| I'm not even gonna tell you what the prompt is. Just know it's the new timeline after the apocalypse so you don't have to worry about it happening right away. So Venable is still at Kinero and the readers name is Mariah. ||

Wilhemina

" Ms. Venable could you come down to our office really quick? We have some good news!" Mutt's loud voice rang through the small intercom system on my desk startling me.

I took a deep breath to calm myself before grabbing onto my cane as I arose from my seated position at my desk. I walked around my desk and slowly made my way down to their office, my cane echoing through the quiet halls every time it hit the floor.

Once I made it to the doorway of their office I tapped my cane on the floor twice gaining their attention.

"Ahh! There she is! The purple sorcerer!" Jeff yelled obnoxiously and by the look on his face I could tell he was extremely high so I let it slide.

"You wanted to see me?" My eyebrow raised slightly showing above the rim of my glasses as I continued to walk into their office stopping a few feet in front of them.

"Yes we do. We really appreciate your hard working skills. We really do and since you're the only one working by our side like head on we know it can be a little hard." Mutt rambled on as Jeff just stood beside him nodding at everything he said. I so desperately wanted to roll my eyes at them but I kept my composure as he kept explaining.

"So to lessen your work load a little we got you another assistant since the other one was a complete dumbass. You're still HR, but now with a much more intelligent and timely assistant. And we got you a little gift. Jeff go get the gift!" After his little speech I sighed due to the fact that I didn't want to deal with another incompetent assistant.

I stood in front of their desk with both hands on the head of my cane as Jeff cane back with a long rectangular box. He set it down in front of me before looking up at me with a smile.

"Go ahead and open it. We made it just for you."

I looked at them skeptically before reaching forward and taking the lid off of the box revealing a white glossy cane. I slowly picked it up out of the box to exam it before looking up at them waiting for an explanation.

"So we know purple is your favorite color so we designed a cane with a sensor on the head to copy the exact color of purple you're wearing to match your outfit. Cool right?"

I raised my eyebrows in shock as I look over the head of the cane locating the small sensor. I turned it towards the sleeve of my jacket and watched in awe as the soft purple color ran from the top of the cane all the way to the base, perfectly matching my suit jacket.