Chapter 14

AALIYAH

I don't know why I've been thinking so much about mom wanting Jhene's number.

It just doesn't add up, which is why I end up calling my dad. Maybe he knows something.

Dad: "Hey princess "

Me: "Hi daddy, can you talk? "

Dad: "Of course I can, what's up? "

Me: "Mom just asked for Jhene's number. She's my previous maid. Dad, she's dangerous and I don't want her associated with her likes. The last thing I want to hear is her having seduced you "

Dad: "(laughs) Is she that bad? "

Me: "Yes dad. She's Gina's little sister and can you believe she slept with her husband under her roof? She's that bad"

Dad: "I'll talk to your mom"

Me: "Thank you daddy. I couldn't because you know how she's been since Grandma died. I didn't want to upset her "

Dad: "I know baby, don't worry "

Me: "OK daddy, I love you "

Dad: "I love you too"

I know dad has it all under control so I can relax.

I wonder how our meeting with the specialist is going to go.

I'm a little nervous. What if the problem is with me?

That'll be devastating, no doubt.

.

JHENE

I thought I'd be better after my yoga and spa sessions but no.

I still feel like shit.

These past days, I've been trying to comprehend what's really going on but still, to no success.

I haven't seen either of the men but Siya hasn't stopped calling.

I don't know what he wants from me. It's been five days. However, I can't lick my wounds forever.

I might not feel good inside but I shouldn't look bad on the exterior.

There's a knock on my door and I'm surprised because Kristen never knocks. I've been on my laptop, watching a series on Netflix. I wonder why they didn't ring the bell.

I'm surprised to find his wife on my door.

Me: "(clears throat) Hi"

Hope: "Hey. Are you going to let me in? "

Me: "Can I help you? "

Hope: "We should really talk inside "

Me: "(rolls eyes) Fine"

I open the door wider and she gets in, scanning the house.

Hope: "Hayi shame, you have good taste "