Chapter 17

AALIYAH

A day later and I'm on my way home. I need to talk to mom. What I was told has been in my mind since I went back to the hotel last night. 

'Jacky' said church isn't my scene, which makes me wonder if I'm that bad. 

I'm also wondering which angels were they speaking about.

Mom: "(shocked) I thought you're coming tomorrow "

Me: "(tossing her aside)We need to talk "

Mom: "What's going on? Would you like some wine? "

Me: "No but I'd like to know what you did four years ago "

Dad: "I'd like to know too. Hey baby (hugs me and kisses my cheek )"

We sit in the living room, all eyes on mom. 

Mom: "I don't know what you're talking about "

Me: "I was chased out of church, before the service even began. Anyway that's not what I'm talking about. Jacky said your actions are affecting me. She said you did something to a good soul that's crying for redemption "

Mom: "(chuckles) Good soul? Oh please, that's exactly why I don't go to church. That's bull. Bullshit! "

Dad: "Is it? "

Mom: "(looks at him) So you believe this crap? "

Dad: "Four years ago is when Jhene disappeared "

Me: "(confused) What does she have to do with this? "

Then, I remember something. 

Me: "Mom? "

Mom: "Ask your father "

Me: "(looks at him confused) Dad? "

Dad: "I had an affair with her, she found out and I think that's why she wanted her number that time "

Fuck this good memory I have. 

Me: "Oh my gosh, she disappeared a few weeks after. (covers mouth with hand) Mom! "

Mom: "(rolls eyes) I didn't do anything to her. And Kristen, are you still in love with her? "

Me: "I can't believe you guys. (stands up) I'm out of here "

It's a lot to take in. 

Dad had an affair with a girl a year older than me? Hell no. 

I knew Jhene was bad but this? This is beyond bad, it's disgusting. 

.

SIYA

I've settled in good. 

I'm staying alone in a huge ass house that belongs to Minnie's sister (Minnie is my brother's ex wife) 

Anyway, we still have a good relationship with them and she begged me to stay here. 

I'm going out for the first time since I got here, it's been two weeks. 

It's Mid May by the way. 

DJ: "Dude, you bath like a girl "

He's visiting for a while and we've become good friends. Nobuhle told him to show me around which I honestly don't think it's necessary. 

Me: "I don't get why I have to rush myself "

DJ: "I can help you come out of the closet "

Me: "(chuckles) Fuck you "