Finale I

THREE MONTHS LATER

AALIYAH

Me: "OK enough now."
Gina: "(As she comes in.) What? Good morning."
Me: "You've been walking dead for three months Gina. It's not normal."
Gina: "(sighs) You don't know -"
Me: "(interjects) You're right, I don't know how it feels because I've never been through that but I know someone who does. His understanding supersedes that of any human and He's more than willing to carry our burdens. He's God and he's the only one who can redeem you from whatever you're going through. Come with me to church on Sunday."
Gina: "(smiles) Can never get used to the born again you."
Me: "(chuckles and shrugs) Yeah well. What do you say?"
Gina: "I'll come."
Me: "You can't weep over Zach forever Gina. Yes, he's your first love first everything which is why you can't get over him but he's also the man who'll always hold your past against you. God doesn't even remember our sins when we ask for forgiveness . He doesn't remind us nor does he sees us differently because of our infirmities. He remains God who reminds us that we're fearfully and wonderfully made."
Gina: "I've never seen it like that. Thank you Liyah, I needed to hear that."
Me: "It's my pleasure . It's what best friends are for."
Gina: "Except for Hailey, what happened to the other girls?"
Me: "(shrugs) I'd be lying. That was one fucked up group though, excuse my language."
Gina: "(laughs) Indeed. Especially you sleeping with Hailey's husband and her bricking you."
Me: "(chuckles) Hey, let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
Gina: "Actually don't miss them."
Me: "Me too. Honestly think it was just a phase."
Gina: "(laughs) Yeah. It was crazy but I really wouldn't want to go back there. I thought you'd hate me for this thing with your father."
Me: "I don't hate him so it'll be unfair to hate you. You should let go of the past Gina. You can't keep thinking of your mistakes like this. They're holding you captive and you need redemption."
Gina: "Thought I was over it. It's just… this thing with Zach. Why did he come for me again mara Liyah? I was fine before he happened."
Me: "But it happened. Look, just come with me to church. Ask God for forgiveness and for Him to redeem you. It'll get better from there. The mistake you make is walking from Him when the going gets tough."
Gina: "Thank you Liyah. You've grown into such a wise woman and thank you for being my best friend."
Me: "It's my pleasure. I might not say this often but I love you."
Gina: "I love you too."
Me: "Now let's get working."
During lunch, I meet up with Louis like we do at least once a week. He seems happy and I obviously know why. His relationship is really treating him well and he deserves that and more after mourning his wife for a great eight years.
Me: "Damn you look good. What is she feeding you?"
Louis: "(chuckles) It's all love. I feel good too, thanks. How are you though?"
Me: "Nervous. I'm meeting your uncle's son and I really don't know what to expect ."
Louis: "He's quite a handful. Charmer, a flirt but much snobbish. He's coming with his girlfriend thou so I'm sure he'll behave."
Me: "Why did Zim have to go get him though? He's twenty afterall "
Louis: "(laughs) I forgot to mention he's a daddy's boy. Uncle Zimele also spoils him which is why he does that."
Me: "(bites nails) I hope he doesn't hate me or something. Maybe think that I'm trying to replace his mom."
Louis: "(chuckles) He's not a teenager and his mom is married so relax. You're the first woman uncle Zimele is introducing to him so that should tell you how he feels about you."
Me: "(blushes) I miss him. He's been gone for so long."
Louis: "(scoffs) It's only been two days."
Me: "Never had to be that long without him."
Louis: "Love."
Me: "You should know since you have Sipho. Will there be wedding bells soon?"
Louis: "Next year won't end without me putting a ring on it, that's for sure."
Me: "That's amazing. So happy for you."
Louis: "And this one might end with you a Mrs Vuma."
Me: "(laughs) Hell no. It's too soon."
Louis: "My uncle doesn't think so. (Winks)"
Me: "It's December already."
Louis: "(chuckles) The beginning thereof. Have to go, lunch is over for us employees."
Me: "If I create a position for you, would you accept the offer?"
Louis: "Are you even asking? I'm overexperienced for my current job but it's the price I had to pay because of my history."
Me: "Then it's sorted. Enjoy the rest of your day."
Louis: "(hugs me) You too."
.
JHENÉ