Chapter 30

GINA

Zach: "(quickly putting on his clothes )I'll... call you."
Me: "(in disbelief )You're leaving ?"
Zach: "Trust me when I say it's for the best."
Me: "Bathong Zach but why? Did I... do something wrong?"
Zach: "I need to process what just happened."
Me: "(wistful)You look angry. Please let's... talk about this."
Zach: "(looks at me) You wanna talk? (I nod) Fine, let's talk. (Sits on the bed) Is it what he taught you?"
Me: "(astounded) Who and what are you on about?"
Zach: "(bellows)Rhodes dammit! You never... never wanted to explore, always the same shit but all of a sudden you can ride and do fucken six nine like a harlot?"
I try to think of something to say but my throat is dry and nothing comes out. How did things go this route? He seemed to be enjoying it as I let him lead, doing all that he wanted and after hours of mindblowing sex he does this? My heart is shattered and I'm shaking and all exhaustion has slipped from me.
Me: "(bristly) Zach I..."
Zach: "Save it Gina!"
My wailing echoes through out my apartment as I let it all out. I feel like I'm being stabbed right at my heart and all the pain is all over my heart, tormenting me and laughing at me all in one. How did things turn out this way?
I think of calling in sick but decide against it because we're still getting the company off the ground. I tried calling Zach after he left but it took me straight to voicemail . I wonder what this means for us. Will we be able to get through this or is it really over before it even begun? I get that men are prideful but I honestly thought he'd forgiven my cheating.
Liyah: "You look bad."
Me: "(sighs) I know. "
Liyah: "OK, let's talk. What happened? I thought you'll come in here glowing and tired from making love all night."
I'm sceptical about telling her about this since it might mean mentioning her father but again, I can't really keep it to myself. It's already feeding on my conscience and weighing heavily on me.
Me: "Thought so too but... he just started getting dressed after multiple orgasms. He... we fought."
Liyah: "(bewildered) Fought? But why?"
Me: "(sighs) Your father."
Liyah: "Please don't tell me you moaned his name Gina. I'd hate you if I was Zach too."
Me: "What? Of course not. Geez. It's just... the sex was crazy, mindblowing and I ... I was open to things I never did with Zach"
Liyah: "Which you did with dad? (I nod). Dammit Gina, couldn't you act like virgin Mary? You bruised the man's ego and now it makes sense."
Me: "I didn't think much about it Aaliyah. We were just...moving with the flow (shrugs.) I never thought he'd react like that. He seemed to be in it too."
Liyah: "(brushes my hand) I'm sorry."
Me: "(bristly ) I don't think we... we'll recover from this. It hurts Aaliyah."
Liyah: "Let him cool down and then you'll talk about it again, OK? (I nod.) It'll be fine."
Me: "(wipes tears) How's you and Zimele?"
Liyah: "(chuckles) oh we're good. He... excited me, treasures me and has me feeling like the only woman In the world."
Me: "(smiling)He does look like quite the gentleman. I'm happy for you Liyah."
And I mean it. She deserves to be happy, we all do.
Liyah: "Thank you. Don't overthink the Zach issue. He'll come around."
Me: "(sighs) I hope so."
.
JHENÉ

Me: "Thank you for agreeing to meet up with me."
I'm with Didi, Siya's ex and babymama who's looking exquisite. The man really has taste when it comes to women. Even the other one is beautiful but this one obviously takes the cup. I'm not feeling intimidated though or at least I'm trying to convince myself I'm not.
Didi: "(shrugs)Sure thing. "
Me: "I don't know if you're aware but-"
Didi: "(interjects) Sorry to disturb but can we order first? I'm famished."
Me: "Oh, yes we can."
She calls the waiter who comes and takes our orders, asking him to try hurrying up. I know all about the hunger that comes with being pregnant.
Me: "Can we talk now? (She nods.) I thought we'd talk about how we're going to coexist since Siya and I are getting married. "
Didi: "Coexist? But Siya and I aren't together. I thought you'd want to talk about his child or something."
Me: "Yes, you're not together but you're carrying his child which means you'll forever be part of his life."
Didi: "(chuckles) No way. Look, I'm not trying to disrespect you or anything but that's absurd. I'm not going to be part of Siya's life, this baby I'm carrying will. "
Me: "But you are being disrespectful now. I'm trying to get us to reach consensus regarding how this will work out."
Didi: "I have a lawyer friend. I'll get him to draw a co-parenting agreement which Siya will go through and if he wants, can let you in on it. Cool with you?"
Me: "(mad) Whatever."
By the time the food comes, I've lost my appetite. I don't know why I even thought of this because it's clear I'll never get along with his babymamas. I don't want to start thinking it's not meant to be because I love Siya so much.
Didi: "Oh and congratulations on the wedding. All the best. I know Siya loves you way more than he loves me and as much as I'd love to hate him now, I also want him to be happy. You make me happy."
Me: "You still love him?"
Didi: "Yes but I'm not in love with him. "
Me: "So I don't need to worry about you doing things behind my back?"
Didi: "(chuckles) No. He's a loyal lover so you don't have to worry about that."
Me: "You should know huh"
Didi: "I really don't get why you see me as a threat because I'm not interested in your man. You honestly need to chill. Will you settle the bill or should I?"
Me: "I got it."
I watch as she leaves and all the things I wanted to say suddenly comes into mind. I wanted to tell her that she'll have to go through me for anything regarding the baby as Siya's wife but now it's too late.
.
AALIYAH

I get home feeling exhausted. Long day at the office but every day is progress. I find Lefa at home and in the kitchen with Russell on his hip. Alyson runs to me and I pick her up , kissing her lips.
Alyson: "Daddy's here mum."
Me: "I see. How about you go the playroom with Russ while I talk to daddy?"
Lefa puts him down and they walk out to the playroom
Me: "This isn't your house."
Lefa: "(smirks) Aaliyah, still looking good"
Me: "Why are you here?"
Lefa: "Came to see my kids. They're spending the weekend with me."
Me: "I would have brought them to you. How did you even get into my house?"
Lefa: "Heard you moved on and he's even hanging around my kids. Care to explain that?"
Me: "I'm not explaining shit."
Lefa: "Have you forgotten I'm their father? Why are they part of your relationship ?"
Me: "They're not."
Lefa: "They are. I don't care which grandpa is fucking you but keep him away from my kids."
Me: "(snickers) Grandpa? Zimele is a better man than you."
Lefa: "(chuckles) Obvious. He has decades of experience. He's finally tired and now choosing to settle with a pretty young thing so she can keep his blood burning."
Me: "(scoffs) I'm not going to listen to this. I'll get their bags."
Lefa: "No need. I was waiting for you to come back. They have clothes in my house."
Me: "What happened to Hailey?"
Lefa: "Nothing you should be worrying about but since you're asking, we took separate ways. I know you'll come back to me after he's done with you."
Me: "(chuckles) Keep dreaming"
Lefa: "It's no dream. I'll remind you when it happens."
Me: "Aly! Russ!"
Theycome running and I wave at them as they walk out with their father. He might be an ass but he's a damn good father. Siya surprisingly joins me for supper. I thought he'll be on his way to the North West since lobola is tomorrow.
Me: "You look like you have a lot on your mind."
Siya: "Didi is like seven months pregnant. It was twins but she lost the other one."
Me: "(shocked) What?!"
Siya: "I know. "
Me: "But does protection ever cross your mind Siyanda? First Ona, then Tshidi and now Didi. Dammit man bro, what's up with you?"
Siya: "No need to scold. I know how it seems."
Me: "I get Didi since you dated so long but as for the other two..."
Siya: "It happened OK and I love my kids. It's just that Tshidi is mad about this. She met up with Didi today and now wants me to put her in her place."
Me: "What happened?"
Siya: "(shrugs) I'd be lying. Tried calling Didi to find out but she never answered."
Me: "Are you sure getting married is a good idea while things are like this?"
Siya: "I love her and I know we can get through this."
Me: "I just don't want you making a mistake."
Siya: "I'm sure about this but thanks for caring."
Me: "Thought you'd be on the way to the hotel for tomorrow or something."
Siya: "I wanted to see you before I left."
Me: "Don't you love making me feel special. I appreciate your the love."
Siya: "(laughs) That's my cue. (Kisses my cheek then leaves.)"
It's after I shower that Zimele calls me saying he's at the gate. I let him in while wearing just my gown. I throw myself in his arms immediately when the door opens and he chuckles as he catches me.
Me: "I missed you."
Zimele: "(kisses me) I missed you too baby. Have the kids left?"
Me: "Yes. Lefa came to pick them. You look tired."
Zimele: "I am. I want to sleep with you in my arms."
Me: "I'd love that."

***************
I know it's been a while and this chapter is quite short. I'm dealing with a lot at the moment but I'll try posting at least once a week. Please drop a comment and vote.
XOXO