Chapter 26

JHENE

Catching up with Fezeka has been great. She's told me things about me, about us that sound surreal. 

I'm seeing myself in a different light and it's all funny to me. 

I can't believe it but from what my dad and Gina said, I know it's true. 

It's around 7pm when Siya video calls me with the twins. 

Olorato: "The house is sooo big mommy "

Me: "(giggles) Hello to you too "

Orateng: "Hi mommy. It's a double Storey and so so so big. And... And we have our room that has a bathroom with a big shower and a bathtub "

Me: "Really? That's amazing "

Olorato: "And granny, granny is so cool "

Me: "(chuckles) Eh, you use works like cool now? "

Olorato: "(giggles) Thato is also here "

Me: "Really? Just don't get naughty there "

Them: "We won't. Bye mommy, love you "

Is it a twin thing? The whole talking at the same time thing? Well, I don't know. 

They rush off to wherever then it's only Siya's face.

Me: "Thato is there? So your family knows about him, your father? "

Siya: "I miss you (bites lip) "

Me: "Siyanda "

Siya: "I really do. "

Me: "Stop digressing, I asked a question "

Siya: "Yes, they do. Your sister can keep a secret shame but I don't want to talk about her "

Me: "What do you want to talk about? "

Siya: "Us "

Me: "There's no us "

Siya: "(chuckles) Your eyes say otherwise. You know how I feel about you and I want you to tell me how you feel about me "

Me: "And we have to do this now? You've just gotten out of a relationship Siya "

Siya: "She left me, yes and well I can't force her to be with me. Aaliyah made me see it was unfair of me to expect her to stay, knowing how I feel about you "

Me: "Zuko also left me"

Siya: "See? This is fate "

Me: "(chuckles) It feels like we've known each other for years "

Siya: "Exactly. I'll come see you on Tuesday "

Me: "And the kids? "

Siya: "Mom's taking them somewhere. We also have a family vacation on The 23rd "

Me: "What? I can't... There's no way I'm not spending Christmas with my kids, no way "

Siya: "Then you're coming with us "

Me: "That's... But don't they... Your family knows your ex, not me "

Siya: "They know you and think of the girls, they'll be so happy "

Me: "(sighs) I'll think about it "

Siya: "Mm, I have to go. Love you "

Me: "Bye"

In the morning, I'm the first in the kitchen so I start with making breakfast. 

Ntate loves his sorghum soft porridge so I do that for him then I fry eggs, sausages and bacon for myself. He comes when I'm making toast.