Chapter 29

29

SIYA

Mom: "(bellows) You can't marry her!"

Me: "She said yes mom"

Mom: "You want to kill me?"

Me: "I love her"

Mom: "(retorts) I don't . Are you crazy?"

Me: "Mom please"

Dad: "You paying lobola?"

Mom: "Kristen Rhodes Junior!"

Dad: "What?"

Mom: "(snorts) Know what? I'm just going to leave. I can't believe you're betraying me like this (storms off)"

Dad: "Ready for that?"

Me: "(chuckles) Definitely"

Dad: "If you love her and she makes you happy then we won't stand in your way. How's your ex?"

Me: "(shrugs) I'd be lying but I think she's cool"

Dad: "Are you sure that chapter is buried? You might not have loved her how you love Jhené but I know you loved her"

Me: "(sighs) I still do dad and I really wish we could … (shrugs) I don't know, get along in a way or for her to stop being mad at me. I hate all this bad blood between us. It's been months! "

Dad: "(pats my bag) I think you should fix that and apologise for everything then finally close her chapter. It's not only for her but for you as well"

Me: "I will. Thank you dad"

Dad: "You're welcome son" 

Me: "And talk to your wife for me. Make her see things from my perspective"

Dad: "(chuckles) Don't worry. I can handle my wife"

We spent a week visiting Disneyland then went to Cape Town where we spent the rest of the holidays with the kids. It's been amazing and I really can't wait for all of us to live in one house. I'll talk to Ona about it and hope she'll be willing to let Mason stay with Jhené and I . She can be difficult when she wants but this will workout in her favour too since Mason will be closer to her as well. We're taking him back home.I dropped Jhené and the twins first.

Mason: "Mama!"

Ona: "(picks him) Did you have fun?"

Mason: "(nods) You should come next time "

Ona: "Maybe. (Looks at me) Thank you . He looks so happy"

Me: "You don't have to thank me for anything . He's my son"

Ona: "(rolls eyes ) Whatever. Where's your cougar?"

Me: "(Huff's) You should stop calling her that. She's my fiancee"

Ona: "That's what she is. So, you're getting married? I wonder how perfect little Didi will react to that "

Me: "I don't have time for this . (Kisses Mason) Bye boy. Daddy loves you "

Ona: "I hear she's living with a man so maybe it won't affect her much since she's even gained weight and shit"

She's really pissing me off. I walk away and into my car when I'm outside then drive to the airport since I'm way too tired for driving. I'll arrange for it to be brought to my apartment. I end up in her outside her house. I missed my flight and as much as booking a hotel room can do, I'm still here. It's a bit chaotic with cars parked in the yard, about five gazebos and loud music but what I can't miss is the aroma of food that makes my mouth water. Can she cook? I don't remember her cooking for me. Conversations are loud and a few people are also dancing. She seems to have opened some sort of eatery. Her yard is spacious enough for that. It feels like years since I was last here. Sbu is the first one I spot. He comes to me when he sees me. He's grown so much.