𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 || 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥

Art by: @laliiyeaah on Instagram!

Edgy boi au

A vote is appreciated!

《 ✐✎✐

I glanced worriedly at the clock. It was now 3 am and Steven was nowhere to be found.
He was just laying down beside me a few hours ago, where the hell could he be at this hour?

I paced back and forth to calm myself down. I heard his balcony slide door open and I was met with Steven's piercing pink diamond eyes. He looked angry and even more worry flooded back.

"Why are you awake?"

"I didn't feel yo-"

"Go back to bed. Now."

I obeyed and covered myself under the covers. My heart was beating rapidly, I didn't want to make him even more angry. I felt Steven's weight, immediately engulfing me in his arms as he did so. I just found him so confusing; he can be so terrifying then the next second he could be so loving.

"Face me." I heard him whisper.

I faced him, looking up at him. I must've looked scared as his face immediately softened at the sight. His thumb graced over my lips before giving it a little peck. My eyes suddenly started to water, it was moments like these that made me miss the old Steven even more.

"Don't be upset, my love. Go to sleep." Steven said nothing more and began to drift into deep slumber.

However, I couldn't sleep. I embraced him back and buried my head deep in his chest, taking in his scent that I grew to love.

🌺

Bright specks of light woke me up from my sleep. I heard light snoring beside me, already knowing that it was Steven. I carefully escaped his grasp, not wanting to wake him up. His pink varsity jacket was scattered on the floor and I decided to wear it as it was freezing. I began to quietly sneak out of his room. After successfully not disturbing, I was greeted by Pearl who was making breakfast.

"Good morning, Pearl!"

Pearl noticed my presence and smiled. I could smell what she was cooking and I immediately knew they were pancakes.

"Good morning, y/n! How was your sleep?"

Pearl began to pour me a glass of juice, I smiled at her kind gesture. Pearl stood in as my mother figure since my biological mother lives on another country with my dad. My parents and Greg were very close and they entrusted him to take care of me starting at the age of 10. My parents sends money, but they rarely visit me here in Beach City. I lived with the gems ever since then and I had no problems with it.

Except I had to deal with homeworld stuff.

"It was fine..." I lied, not wanting to tell about Steven's disappearance.

"That's great!"

Pearl went back to cooking and I took a small sip of the juice she gave me. Millions of thoughts began to flurry in my mind, but one stood out the most. 

Why did Steven change? He used to be this nice kid, but now he's a straight up asshole.

I heard a plate clanking and saw the steaming pancakes. It was drizzled in maple syrup and had freshly cut fruits. I began to taste it and immediately was amazed by the taste.

"Thank you for the pancakes, Pearl. You shouldn't have made them."

"Nonsense! You're family, y/n. I wanted to make them for you."

It was heart warming to hear those words. I warmly smiled at her, indicating how much I'm thankful for her existence.

"I know how hard it must be for you to adapt to Steven's behavior, so I wanted to cheer you up."

Pearl looked down. I know that even she misses the sweet Steven we knew. That was the past; that was the old him, his young self. We now have to face the facts that he had changed as he's growing up. Both Pearl and I was alarmed by the sound of footsteps. Pearl immediately plastered on a fake smile.

Steven kissed the top of my head and ruffled it right after. I genuinely smiled and giggled at this action and ate more of the pancakes. Steven began to make one of his protein shakes and sat next to me.

"Good morning, Steven! How was your sleep?" Pearl asked the same thing she asked me.

"Fine." Steven bluntly said, not wanting to engage into a conversation.

Pearl now showed a blanked face and went out, obviously hurt by the way Steven always treats her. I frowned; this is not how I wanted things to be. I faced Steven and he faced me back while chugging on his protein shake. He forcefully placed the bottle on the surface, a loud thud boomed throughout the house.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Steven displayed a look of irritation.

"Because you're an asshole." I confidently said, but on the inside I was a big nervous wreck.

Steven gritted his teeth and gripped on the collar of the jacket, slamming me on the near by wall. I struggled to get out of his grip, his hands were now tightly gripping my arms to stop me from escaping. Tears were threatening to fall, but I stopped it. I didn't want to look scared in front of him.

"Don't ever talk to me in that way. Do you understand me?"

"No! Steven, I've had enough of this."

Steven turned fully pink and pushed me off the ground. The contact with the floor was painful and that's when I couldn't fight off the tears anymore. I looked up at Steven, he was still in rage and fully pink. Steven eventually returned back to normal, kneeled down beside me and pulled me in for a hug. I rested my head on his chest and began to sob while he gently combed through my hair with his fingers. I eventually calmed down and Steven brought my chin up to face him.

"I'm sorry, darling. You know that I love you right?"

I stayed silent, afraid of what Steven is trying to do. He leaned in to give me a kiss and I stayed still.

"I won't fight you anymore as long as you stay good, alright?"

I nodded in agreement. I didn't want to anger him anymore, I was weak. I couldn't leave him, I know that anger just drove him off the edge. He never usually goes this far.

"Good girl."

Should I do more of AU (Alternate Universe)
of Steven?