𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 || 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 (𝐓𝐰𝐨)

Art by: @angelaakraft on Instagram

A vote is appreciated! We're close to 500 votes!

《 ✐✎✐

"We'll bring you back, I promise."

"How are we supposed to do that, y/n?" Pearl exclaimed, I knew she was panicking.

All of the gems that were corrupted before was healed by the help of the other diamonds and Rose Quartz' fountain. Perhaps, that could be the answer to this problem.

"The diamonds and the fountain would be able to help him, right?"

I kept my focus on Steven, I didn't want him to go on an outrage again. Standing so close to him is so intimidating, but he knew who I was and that was enough reassurance to say that I was safe.

"It's the only chance we got." Amethyst answers.

"Pearl and I will talk to the diamonds, Amethyst stay here with y/n and guard Steven. Let's go Pearl, let's get this over with." Garnet orders and I heard footsteps straying away.

I looked back for a brief moment, Amethyst sat down and watched us with sadness glinted in her eyes. I know what she feels, corruption isn't a good thing.

A loud thud followed by grains of sand flying off went on as I noticed that Steven laid himself down. I sat down as well and continued to keep a firm eye contact with Steven.

Maybe I can stir up his memories?

"Remember how we first met?" I spoke up.

Steven made no noise at all.

"We were so small; my parents wanted me to meet their best friend's son. We were just 5 and I remember being so shy..."

Tears were threatening to spill once again.

How many times have I cried the week? There's too much to count.

"You were this very friendly and talkative kid. Then I saw your gem, I was curious. My mom told me that I wouldn't stop staring at it when we met. We got to play, you even offered me some of your toys."

Steven still didn't budge. The silence that fills the air was comfortable, but I wanted Steven to react in some way.

"How about when we confessed to each other?"