Four

Cassana

It's not long before the feast becomes drunken and rowdy but I only find myself feeling more at home.

"It's not too much?" Robb asks as he looks around the room and I can't help but laugh.

"No, not at all," I smile to myself as I sip my wine.

"Are you allowed to drink so much?" he asks and for a moment I'm slightly offended until he glances at my mother who's watching and I realise that he's asking out of fear of my mother rather than his own concern.

"It's quite alright," I laugh dismissingly. "My drinking habits come from my parents, and tonight is a night to celebrate."

I raise my glass and he raises his as well.

"Indeed it is."

We both take a drink while maintaining eye contact and I don't know if it's the drink or something else but I can't ignore the fluttery feeling in my stomach. Something that I've read of but have never actually felt before.

Until now.

We're interrupted by a man perhaps just a little bit older than Robb who asks "Are you going to introduce me?"

"Cassana this is my fathers' ward Theon-"

"Greyjoy," I finish knowing very well who he is and why he is here, but I know my Father openly despises the Greyjoy's but I've never been one to support prejudice. Yet as I look at him I'm even more grateful father betrothed me to Robb instead of Theon as the council has recommended. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

Theon just laughs "Sure it is." He slaps Robb on the back. "I'm going to find some stronger ale."

He leaves as abruptly as he came and Robb looks somewhat embarrassed. "Theon is like a brother to me."

"Ah," I realise, if Robb has taken the Greyjoy as his brother instead of his prisoner then that says what kind of a man he is, what kind of heart he has. "Well, I suppose I'm going to become well acquainted with him then."

"I know he's a Greyjoy but he's a good lad."

I put my hand assuringly over Robbs. "I'm sure he is," I say lightheartedly. "Don't worry I'm not my father, I won't go marching around with a giant hammer ranting about the Greyjoy's."

He laughs and with the liquor in me I stroke the side of his hand, if I want to see more of his heart then the best chance is to see how he is with those he loves. "Introduce me to whoever is important to you, there's no better place than a feast."

For a moment he looks surprised then his eyes soften into something akin to adoration. Taking my hand in his he guides me over towards the back of the room towards his father and he hugs an unfamiliar man who is talking to Ned.

"Uncle Benjen," Robb grins and I realise that he must be the Stark who joined the Night's Watch.

"Look at you, you're a man now," Benjen says patting Robb on the back, a common sign of affection among the men here. "You're even getting married."

"Uncle Benjen this is Princess Cassana," Robb says introducing me proudly.

"Princess," Benjen says nodding his head respectfully.

"You are a man of the Night's Watch?" I ask equally respectfully. It's no secret amongst the council that the Night's Watch is run down and they only see it as a place to send criminals however I know the history of it.

There are far too many maesters reports of the Long Night to laugh at the idea that the creatures beyond the wall are mere stories, but no matter what anyone believes they are certainly needed to protect from Wildling invasions.