Twenty Seven

Cassana

We stand on the walls of Storms End.

I watch Robb who looks out at the sea in fascination, while I was always near the sea whether it be at Storms End, Kings Landing or Casterly rock, he has rarely strayed from Winterfell. He's hardly seen any of Westeros, one day I hope to show him it.

To show him our kingdom.

"It's peaceful," I smile. "When I was a child I'd stay up here for hours, usually some poor Kingsguard would have to watch me. Poor Ser Barristan got rained on more than once."

I fall quiet remembering his fate, he was exiled. He was the only member of the Kingsguard who wouldn't have been loyal to Joffrey, who wouldn't condone what he had done.

The only one who ever protected me.

Then pain shoots through my heart as I remember that he wasn't the one one. There is one other Kingsguard who has protected me and he is rotting in a cell.

Jaime.

He is many things but he is my uncle, another reminder that my family is now my enemy.

"Sometimes I forget that you were born a princess and grew up with knights who are legends to us up North," he comments and I realise that it would be strange for him "Although I suppose you aren't just a princess anymore."

He hugs me from behind and his beard tickles my cheek as I turn my head to kiss him.

"King Robb and Queen Cassana," I say finally letting my tongue speak it. "I like the sound of that."

"So do I."

He kisses the top of my head and my eyes close, for a moment feeling complete tranquillity with my husbands arms around me, the wind blowing against my skin and the smell of the brewing storm over the sea. Home.

That peace is quickly interrupted by Renly.

"Look at the happy couple. I heard you had a run in with Littlefinger"

We share a look then turn to to face him. It was a good night except for a certain part of it. Littlefinger could have given me that letter at any time but he chose to do it right before my wedding, after he had tried to drive a wedge between us using the Frey girl. He set this up, he tried to sour me towards Robb to get me to accept. I don't know if he read the letter as it was sealed but he certainly would have known what it asked, at least the part about Robb anyways. But now that letter is ash and no one will know of it's contents except for us.

"Yes, he best be gone now so I can spend time with my husband in peace."

If I forget the part about the letter it has been relatively peaceful now I won't have to endure another scandal by being an unwed woman involved with a Stark. Robb's men however may be slightly scandalised when they discover their king got married on what was meant to be a diplomatic meeting.

"When will we be returning to the camp?" Robb asks him.

"Today," he answers. "Sorry to break up the honeymoon but we will be meeting Stannis in a days time to discuss his surrender and defeat him."

"Negotiate peace," I correct and he simply rolls his eyes. "Renly, Stannis is your brother."

"Are you really lecturing me about going to war against my brother?" he quips and Robbs hold on me tightens slightly to calm me, or at least he tries to.

"Would you like me to remind you of what led to that?" I counter and he quickly shuts up. "You two are the last male Baratheons. You need his ships and he needs your men. Surely you can put your manly pride, or shall I say vanity, aside for the sake of this war."