Twenty

Cassana

Light appears and for a moment I wonder if it's time, surely it hasn't been a day already, then I see her.

Mother.

I come to my feet, my hands wrapped around the iron bars.

"You murdered my father."

She looks me in the eye, she doesn't deny it.

"To keep my children safe."

"Safe?" I exclaim as my voice rises. "I would have kept them safe! I was going to smuggle them to Casterly Rock. You murdered the only king who actually had a peaceful reign, and now there is war all because you couldn't keep your brothers cock out of you! You put your incestuous little bastard on the throne and look what you have done! You wanted to protect your children? Now your daughter is going to lose her head!"

"You've brought this upon yourself," she replies thickly. "You were going to tell your father the truth, then you were going to expose it to the court."

I can't help but laugh "No. Everything that has happened you brought upon yourself. You fucked your brother and birthed three bastards. You always knew I was the heir to the throne and you were willing to deny me it for that sadistic blonde cunt!"

Finally the effects of these cells hit me as I begin laughing darkly and she becomes unnerved.

"If you had just not gone to that fucking tower that day none of this would have ever happened. You've started a war and destroyed your family all because a kid caught you and Jaime fucking," I truly start laughing at the irony of it all and as her eyes burn I ask "Did I miss anything?"

"You're clever, you've always been clever," she laughs humourlessly. "Now you sit in the black cells."

My eyes remain dry as I tell her "Tomorrow I either bend the knee or lose my head."

"When Ned Stark was stupid enough to confront me I told him that when you play the game of thrones you win or you die, there is no middle ground. Now here I am, two of my children want to see each other dead."

It's then I realise that I will die regardless of what I choose. Even if I bend the knee I am too dangerous to be kept alive. If he doesn't take my head tomorrow it could easily be in weeks, or months from now. I will always be a threat to him.

If I cannot win then I will die.

And it is too late to win.

"I am the queen," I say however the words feel hollow. "If you put me on that throne I would have legitimised all of them as Lannisters, no one would have ever known who their father was. I wanted to do this peacefully but you forced my hand."

There is regret in her eyes. She never thought Joffrey was capable of executing his own sister, she's finally begun to realise that she created a monster.

"It was never my choice who would succeed your father. If I supported you it would have meant exposing the truth. Could you imagine what your grandfather would do if he knew about Jaime and I? He won't let the truth hurt his precious family legacy. It's been right in front of his eyes since Jaime and I were born but he is either too blind to see it or in denial."

"Denial," I answer knowing it far too well. "Do you think I was blind? I saw everything but who wants to accept such a thing? Brother and sister, twins. I can't imagine opening my legs for Joffrey why would you do it for Jaime?"

The thought of ever doing it for Joffrey makes my skin crawl, I'd rather cut my own throat then and there than ever do such a thing.

"I always hoped Joffrey would be like Jaime but he never was. Jaime and I came into this world together, we belong together."