Chapter 24

YOU GUYS ARE SURELY NOT EXPECTING THIS!!

There is going to be a lot of swearing. (Warning)

Afaaf

" Murad."

It couldn't be.

No.

It couldn't be.

Not him.

It couldn't be him.

Not Murad.

I trusted him with my life.

I was gonna marry him.

I staked everything for him, my life, my honour, my home.

Yet as I stared at the darkened figure of the man, I couldn't erase the reality. It was Murad. His dark eyes and that built figure of his. His intimidating aura, that once made my heart flutter now twisted my stomach in knots.

" Murad." I spoke out loud and clear not able to control my shock.

Eyes turned towards me but when Murad looked at me, I couldn't concentrate on anything else. He didn't seem shocked for even a second. As his lips curled upwards in a sinister way. His eyes were frozen on me and I couldn't function myself.

Jahan growled behind me and that made me turn to look at him. Three bulky men seized him as he tried to pry himself off. They were much stronger than him as they held him down.

" Leave him please." I found myself speaking. My voice echoing against the walls. But my efforts went in vain as one of the man, pulled a gun at my way. The hair at the back of my neck erected seeing the gun at my way.

Jahan was restless in their grip, trying to himself free as pashto profanities left his mouth uncontrollably. I turned around when Murad laughed. The brown amber eyed man was pulled by the men in the large hall. Making him kneel on the floor and pointing a gun his way.

My heart trembled within it's cage as I looked at the beast of a man.

" Won't you guys like to see the one, for whom you are here." He spoke.

" Shut up. You fucking rat. If anything happens to my family. I swear, I'll skin you alive." Jahan snarled.

" Boys!" Murad called out. Footsteps could be heard, as if someone was descending the stairs. Seconds later, two men pulled Zaryaab in the room. His steps swaggering. His face lowered and his hands tied before him. I could see the cut on his cheek bone. His disheveled state. The side of his lips swelled. And my heart broke on his state.

Wait for me Afaaf.

"Zaryaab."

The words bubbled out of my mouth in a cry and I made a run for him. My heart yearning for him. He looked up at me. His forest green eyes widened and his lips parted. His head tilted to the side. As if he couldn't believe the sight of me.