Chapter 38

میں نفرتوں کے جہاں میں رہ کر،جدا کروں گا تو کیا کروں گا،

جدا کروں گا تو کیا کروں گا،

ٹہیک کہتے ھو بے وفا ہوں،
وفا کروں گا تو کیا کروں گا،

بس ایک تو ہی تو رہ گیا ھے،
جہاں سارا تو کھو چکا ہوں،

تجھے بھی اپنی انا میں آکر،
خفا کروں گا تو کیا کروں گا۔

Afaaf

3 long months later!

I flickered my eyes to my sister's again. Seeing her stand by the window, behind the caramel curtains. I switched off the light. Darkening the room, allowing the moonlight to illuminate the room now. The silence of the night ringing through my ears.

Upon the lack of light, Shaya protested sighing out loudly and huffing like the drama queen she was. I ignored her and proceeded to my bed. Lying down, I turned to my side. My head turning to face the window. My stomach churning.

Shaya pushed herself away from the window and sat on the foot of my bed.

" He's still here." She said softly. Low enough for my ears only.

Hearing her, I pinched my eyes closed. My hands folding under the side of my face.

" Afaaf." Shaya shook my toes lightly, trying to get my attention but I managed well at ignoring her again.

It had been three months, countless night's that the man would stand under my window and just stare. As if I would glance down at him. But I knew better not to. The first night when I accidentally saw him outside my window, my heart had shook with fear and I had cried. The second night had brought the same emotions back. But as nights went by, I became stronger.

I wouldn't peek at the moon anymore, knowing that Zaryaab Alam Khan would be under my window to catch a glimpse of me. And I didn't want that. I didn't want him to see me, to feel me.

Sometimes my heart would break and I'd cry in pain that he would stand there like a dutiful soldier and never move an inch from his place until the first rays of sun. And my heart would tremble in fear of Abba seeing him. But if Abba ever saw him, he didn't question me nor ever said anything. What scared me more was Office Saim seeing him. I didn't want even the shadow of officer Saim falling upon him.

Shaya would beg me at times to talk to him or even glance at him for once. She couldn't bear the pain of the man. My little doctor was weak at heart, but she didn't know I was more weaker at heart.

I was controlling myself, I didn't want the repeat of what happened three months ago. A repeat of the day I had been hooked to IV for six hours. Or the panic attacks I had to go through. I wasn't strong enough to encounter the man just yet. But with much courage I had gone to the intensive Care unit and the nurse there informed that Dadi Gul Jan and Khan Dada had returned back to Swat.