Chapter 27

عشق تو جاگتا ہے راتوں کوہاں، محبت کی آنکھ لگتی ہے-Afaaf

ہاں، محبت کی آنکھ لگتی ہے-
Afaaf

I watched as my husband struggled with the crutch, secured under his arm. Making me flash my eyes to him everytime he hissed.

A guard stepped forward, easily helping Zaryaab on the sofa. Running a hand down my arm, I looked at the doctor seeing the middle aged man pass me a polite smile before walking ahead of me. Following behind the doctor, I caught up with the man's steps down the cold hallways.

" He'll be alright in some time. His fractured leg will r Iecover in about a total of six weeks, however I'll get his cast removed. His arm looked a little more swollen than before, please be punctual in using the ointment I prescribed." I nodded at the doctor as he opened the door and turned to me.

" Mrs. Khan- psychological state of mind matters a lot. And the incident has effected Zaryaab a lot. Bringing him back to routine life is now your work. The more care, rest and tranquility- he is given, the faster he'll be able to recover his mind. "

I lowered my brown eyes feeling the weight of his words.

" It's been a blessing that the bullet only grazed his arm or if worse had happened, his arm could have been paralyzed-"

My eyes widened as worry etched my face making the doctor shake his head and pass me yet another smile.

" I'll send the physical therapist, tomorrow, early in the morning."

" Thank you Doctor." I said seeing a guard escort the doctor to his car.

I turned around on my heels, walking back to the hall. My eyes moving to the figure sitting on the sofa. I quietly sat on the one seater across from him. Seeing my presence getting unnoticed by him. Giving me enough time to study him.

Zaryaab was seated on the sofa, with his legs stretched on it. His left leg had a cast around it starting from under his knee joint till above his toes. His right hand had crepe bandage covering the length of his arm. The white bandage standing out against the dark blue long sleeved shirt. His eyes, the dark green forest stared somewhere in space. The hollow of them much deeper now as if the man hadn't had a wink of sleep in ages.

His cheekbones looked more prominent with the skin sunken deeper. A small gash remained on the crown of his forehead. His stubble had grown. His dark hair all messed up in different directions.

Right now, I wasn't seeing Zaryaab as a whole.

I was seeing his pieces.

His broken pieces.

I barely heard his voice since the time he returned home earlier today. And my heart had crushed when the doctor informed that Zaryaab wasn't wishing to come back home. And something had drastically changed in the atmosphere around us. The man wouldn't even bare me a glance. Yet alone speak to me.