Chapter 30

تیرے خیال میں جب بے خیال ہوتا ہوں!ذرا سی دیر سہی! لا زوال ہوتا ہوں۔Afaaf

ذرا سی دیر سہی! لا زوال ہوتا ہوں۔
Afaaf

With eyes wide, I stared at the ceiling.

Feeling the reality dawn on me, like ice on my burning skin. As last night's events played before my eyes again and again and I blushed profusely. Shifting slightly, I turned on my side. Feeling the man breath deeply behind me, still snuggled in the comforter.

My brown eyes flickered to the clock noticing that we had slept in. Sitting up slowly, I placed my feet on the floor. My toes turning pink from the coldness of the wood.

Sliding off the bed, I ran a hand through my wild hair, my eyes flickering to my reflection seeing the brown locks all messed up. And heat travelled from the bottom of my toes to my cheeks as my eyes trailed to Zaryaab's shirt, that I wore. The fabric sitting snug against my figure and stopping till my mid thighs.

I smiled to myself, before walking over to the bathroom door. Twisting the knob slowly, I made sure not to make any extra noises but my efforts went in drain as I closed the door behind me and heard my husband call out,

" You look good in my shirt." His chuckled followed behind and my heart drummed in my chest.

Following through the morning routine, I skidded down the stairs in my dark maroon kurta shalwar seeing the maids already up to their work. Rounding the hallways, I found Khan Dada and Dadi Gul Jan in the garden as they argued over something, cutely.

Greeting them, I shifted on my feet as Dadi Gul Jan scrutinized me under her hazel eyes.

" Did you have breakfast yet?" She asked with a small smile playing in the corners of her lips. Making me shake my head. Reaching towards the tea pot on the table, I added a spoon of sugar to Khan Dada's cup before pouring tea and milk for him. Forwarding the cup to the old man, he smiled widely at me.

" Thank you, come sit with us!" He said.

Taking the seat opposite to the couple. I looked at the invitation card sitting under the tea tray. Reaching forward, I opened the card. My eyes falling over to the names on the card.

" What!?" I asked surprised seeing the bride's name written in bold golden.

Dadi Gul Jan laughed, her wrinkled hands cupping her face.

" Yes! We were surprised as well." She said.

" I am so happy for Mahzala. And oh look- her wedding's this week. God! I am so happy." I resisted the urge to squeal infront of Khan Dada.

But generally, I was glad that finally she was finding her happiness and God knew she deserved the best. And I wished the same for her.

" Where is Zaryaab?" Khan Dada asked.