Chapter 42

کبھی اس طرح میرے ہمسفر سبھی چاہتیں میرے نام کر

سبھی چاہتیں میرے نام کر

اگر ہو سکے تو کبہی کہیں
میرے نام بہی کوئی شام کر

میرے دل کے سائے میں آذرا
میری دھڑکنوں میں قیام کر

یہ جو میرے لفظوں کے پھول ہیں
تیرے رستے کی یہ دھول ہیں

کبھی ان سے سن میری داستان
کبھی ان کے ساتھ کلام کر۔
Afaaf

True to his words, the man didn't return. He had almost disappeared from my life. And my world had become more smaller. My appointments were scheduled perfectly and I'd go with Mama and sometimes on my own. And time passed quickly as the once small fetus in me had grown in a six months bump now.

My days were spent by sending samples to the company I would work for and by taking care of myself. I was being extra careful now. And life had fallen into a boring routine.

Today was just another day. But Mama and baba were away, spending the weekend at my father's elder brother's house as he was ill. Shaya and I were home. And my sister had insisted that I attend this daytime wedding ceremony of her beloved friend. And Shaya had almost pulled me out of bed in early morning before shutting me in the bathroom so that I could shower.

I shook my head at my sister's antics. She was truely a drama queen. Squinting my eyes, I eyed the earrings sprawled before me and picked each one of them, trying to see the perfect match for the dress I wore. Smiling, I greedily picked out the large stoned chumkas with the supporters and wore them.

Moving back from the mirror, I ran my fingers through my brown strands and shaped them around my face. Biting on my lower lip, I pouted. Accessing myself in the large mirror.

I wore a olive green and brown contrast dress. The shirt was dozed in light embroidery whilst the trouser was of matching. The dupatta was long and had this beautiful embroidery on the borders, floral and made from handwork of stones and zari. I had parted my hair from the middle and made a braid that now looked messy and had strands falling out of it.

Shaya had instructed that I look prim and proper and so after months of colourless adventure. I opened my makeup box. For my cheekbones I had gone with natural blush and highlighter and for the eyes I had done some hard work. Applying liner, mascara and eyeshadows. My lipstick was a shade of brown and I kept tracing my lips with my tongue because of how good it tasted.

I slipped my feet in the matching flats and heaved out. God, I was already tired. Glancing at the clock, I scrunched my nose. Shaya had gone to her friends house earlier saying that she'd come to pick me up when I'd get ready.

And here I was all ready as she had asked me to. I tapped my feet on the floor as I called her but heard the recording that the caller was busy on another line.