Chapter 8

(1626 Words)

It was another bright sunny day, which Emma was looking forward to. She was still a bit skeptical about Lucas, but she was Willing to trust him.

She finally left her bed and went to get ready.

Lucas's POV.

I was standing with my boys against the lockers waiting for Emma.

"Man, what the hell are you doing? We are talking about something and you are busy gawking at that shitty door. Gosh Lucas what's up Man." Kevin groaned.

"Oh sorry guys what were you saying---"

"You are waiting for whom Lucas." Jack interrupted while wiggling his eyebrows.

"Me wait-- hell no---"

"Oh Hi Emma" jack yelled. Emma? Where is she? I am not able to see her. Where is she and after a few seconds, I heard the boys laughing. I turned around and understood that they were pranking me.

"Jack you jerk." I was going to yell at him but a very sweet voice interrupted me to it.

"Hi"

"Oh hi Emma. How are you? You okay?" Jack started interrogating her in a sickening sweet voice.

Emma giggled and nodded her head. Why does always jack make her giggle but not me. AHH! I mentally groaned and held Emma's hand and said them all goodbye.

"Bye guys we have class."

--------------------------------------------------------

In The Class

Her hands were still interlocked with mine. We both entered the class and without giving anyone a glance i sat down with Emma on the fourth seat.

Emma was looking outside the window. Since we have entered the class, she has not uttered a word. Is she mad at me?

"Umm so how was your night?" Wait what the hell.

"No--- no I mean did you have a sound sleep." I asked correcting myself.

"Hmm" she mumbled.

"Oh okay! So Umm why was your room painted in all black?"

"Just like that. I like black." She replied and started staring out. My head was aching. Why isn't she talking properly with me? Does she still doubt me? I wondered.

Soon the teacher came and started her lecture.

----------------------------------------------------------

It was the end of the day, and I was searching for Emma. The only place left is library. I went inside, and everybody started gawking at me including the librarian. Well it's not her fault, I mean it's the first time, I am going inside this holy place.

I scanned the whole library and there I saw her standing near the shelf. She was deeply immersed in some books. I slowly went towards her and snatched her book.  Before she could scream I covered her mouth with my hands.

"Why are you ignoring me?"

"Ignoring me, no i-i am not ignoring you." She whispered.

"Please Emma, I know you are ignoring me. But why? You haven't talked to me properly. You are always laughing at jack's lame jokes but me? What have I done? Don't you trust me? Can't you at least try to befriend me and see if I am a good Friend or not. I promise I won't disappoint you." I murmured while holding her shoulders firmly. She was captured within my arms.