Chapter 9

(1075 words)

Emma's POV

I was slowly walking in the corridors of the College, my eyes were on the new material that I have collected for the project. Yesterday after the coffee we went to Lucas's house and did our work. I was so concentrated on my own thing that I don't know how, when, by whom I got a sudden push causing me to fall on the floor, making all the papers fly in different directions.

"Oh oh look who's there?" A mocking voice came.

There was standing the Diva of this College--Ruby, with her evil minion's. Why the hell did she push me. What have I done to her.

"Oh my poor soul." She said while moving close to me.

"You know I don't like to beat around the bush, so let me come to the point. Why the hell are you roaming around Lucas? Don't you have self-respect.

His friends pranked you on the first day, made you a laughing stock, but you are so desperate for attention that you forgot all those things, and decided to become their friends.

What is so special in you? That Lucas is after you, he takes you with him, he sits with you, he takes a stand for you? Why? What black magic have you done? Such a--------- ENOUGH."

There came a loud booming voice which echoed in the corridor.

"What the Fuck is wrong with you Ruby? How dare you hurt Emma. It's none of your business what we both have, what we share got it."

Lucas said in a deep voice, venom dripping in his tone. Lucas stood in front of Emma and took her in his arms. I was sobbing and trembling because of the scene that happened. He pulled my hands and took me away but before leaving he replied

"And listen here Ruby, next time I see you around her, I wouldn't leave you."

Lucas took Emma on the terrace of the Building and took her in his arms. She was shaking, her legs were wobbly. Emma couldn't comprehend what even happened with her. What was her fault, why is she always targeted and why the hell can't she stand for herself. Why is she a weakling.

"Hey, calm down its okay. Relax I am here." Lucas whispered.

"Why?" "Why are you with me." I mumbled.

"I am such a weakling. I can't stand for myself. Then why? Why are you with me. I just hate myself. I truly am pathetic. J-U-S-T L-E-A-V-E." I bawled my eyes out. Due to extreme trembling I fell on my knees, my face covered in my hands.

Lucas crouched down to my level, and said "Do you know how strong of a person you are. You are the most amazing and beautiful person I have met, till now. You are not only beautiful from outside but from within as well. You Argued for Sophia and for your parents with me. You stood for them in front if me. You make sure that no one bad mouths about your loved ones. This is how much strong you are Emma." Lucas said while removing my hands from my face.

"Just don't let those things bother you. You are nothing what she said. You are totally opposite of that. She has no right to speak ill about you." Lucas stated.

I just don't know when and how was he able to calm me but whatever he did and said made me relax. But still there was one question lingering in my head.

"Why? Why are you with me. Is this some prank?" I uttered.

I was curious to know that why the bad boy wants to befriend me? Why? Is he playing with me? But in my head I was hoping he would say that he considers me as a Friend. I don't know what I would do, if Lucas hurts me. Finally, after a dreadful silence of two minutes he said.

"I like You Emma------ I like you, I like your company. That is why, I want you to stay close to me. Just don't hate me because of this. You don't need to like me back because I know you consider me a friend only. I promise I won't hurt you Emma just Trust me." Lucas said making me crimson red.

Honestly I was a bit freaked out. No one has ever confessed me. And Suddenly, one day, this person comes to you and says you" I like you." It Will definitely scare you a bit. I didn't know what to say. So I just choose to remain silent.

After a few seconds we both made our way downstairs towards the classroom without uttering a single word.

----------------------------------------

It was the end of the day, and still Lucas's words were dancing in my head. It is not like every day a boy comes to you and expresses his feelings. Was he serious? Does he really like me? I wondered.

As I was walking towards my locker, there I saw Lucas and his friends talking seriously. All of them were so engrossed in the conversation that they didn't notice me coming.

"Hey guys." I said, making them startle.

"Oh! Hi Emma. How are you?" Kevin asked.

"I am good. What's wrong. Are you all okay? Am I intruding?"

"No-no Emma. We were actually talking about football. Nothing else." Jack interrupted.

I knew that he was lying but thought to ignore it.

Suddenly Thomas and Sophia came together. They were so excited that it was very hard for them to control their happiness.

"Guys listen here, our college is going for a Trek. It will be a three-day camp. We will get the opportunity to see mountains, interact with nature, and what not. I am so excited. Please let's go." Thomas suggested.

"Yes, pretty please. Emma I want us to go. Will you come with us. Please." Thomas and Sophia said together making puppy dog eyes.

"Yes, yes I am ready" Jack and Kevin both jumped in.

"If Emma is ready, so am I." Lucas butted in..

"Ah okay." I said, feeling giddy to go somewhere with my friends.

------------------------------------------------

Hello Lovely Readers?
How are you all?

How was the chapter?

So Lucas like Emma. What's your take on it?😉

Are you excited for their Trip like them, Because i surely am.😁😁😁

Any thoughts?