Chapter 20

Few days after their confession.

Life was a bliss. To have your love of life besides you and fantastic friends is all Emma has ever desired. After confessing their love to each other Emma and Lucas were glued together all the time. Their friends used to call them gross for acting all lovey-dovey, but they were genuinely happy for them, but there was someone who wished she had the same love life as of Emma's.

And that was,

Sophia

Honestly she was very happy for Emma, and she may or may not have even scolded Lucas for being such a jerk. She had threatened him to take care of her Best friend or else he has to face a scary Sophia.

However, she was hurt because she knew that she can't have that person whom she loves a lot. She is so in love with jack that she is scared of losing herself, because she is sure that it's a one sided love and frankly one sided love always hurts. Jack has always considered her a Good friend but for her, it turned into something different.

Emma's POV.

We all were sitting around the table, in the canteen, goofing with each other. Kevin and Thomas were teasing Jack making me and Lucas laugh hysterically. While on the other hand Sophia was zoning out. From past few days she has been awfully silent. These days  I have hardly talked to Sophia because of an insanely handsome person sitting besides me. I chuckled to myself.

"Are you thinking about me?" Came a deep voice startling me.

And here it goes.

"You are seriously obsessed with yourself and no I wasn't thinking about you." I said.

"Excuse me, if not me then who is in your thoughts. Emma I am serious I will hunt that person down and-----"

Before he could continue further we both ended up laughing, so hard.

"Ewww these guys are crazy." Thomas snickered.

"Why are you laughing. What's up guys?" Kevin asked.

"Guys save me, I am in love with a psycho." I replied and continued laughing.

"This psycho will forever love you, keep you above all and you will forever be my foremost priority." Lucas said with utmost sincerity that melted my heart.

"I will love you forever too Lucas." I whispered and this time ended up in his arms.

End of The Day.

"Let's go, 'll Drop you." Lucas said taking my hands in his. I really love when he entangles his hands with me. My small hands fit perfectly in his large ones.

"No" I said, Making him look at me with a strange emotion.

"What's wrong? You were dozed off the whole last period and now also you are acting quite strange."

"Lucas---" I sighed and finally opened my mouth to continue "I am worried about Sophia, she was awfully quiet the whole time. I know something has happened. I can sense that and I have failed as a  best friend.  She was always there for me but I--I have failed her." I babbled and started sobbing.

"Hey-- look at me Emma, Shh-- Stop crying sweetie."

Lucas took my face in his hands and slightly brushed his fingers delicately against my face.

"You are the best person anybody can ask for and Sophia knows that. She knows what kind of person you are. She knows that you value relations a lot. Sophia knows that you care for her and love her, so don't doubt your friendship okay." Lucas concluded calming me down.

I nodded and hugged him tightly. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders and pulled me close. I sunk into the warmth of his side. The world around me melted away as I squeezed him back, not wanting the moment to end.

After parting my ways from Lucas, I went towards Sophia and Saw her walking on the footpath.

"Sophia" I yelled, causing her to stop in her tracks.

"Emma, what are you doing here?"

"Sophia we need to talk." I commanded her.

"What's the matter babes. Are you alright?" She replied.

"Sophia you don't need to hide your emotions from me. I am your bestie right. Then tell me what's the matter? Why are you so worked up? What's bothering you? Tell me Sophia, maybe I can help you. Hey Sophia?"
I called her while gently touching her cheeks. This whole time she was looking at the floor.

"Everything will be alright. I am with you, I would never leave you. I mumbled, and she suddenly caught me off guard by throwing herself on me." She was in my arms, and that too crying her heart out.

"I--I love him E-m-m-a" Sophia blurted making me halt.

"Who" I whispered.

"J-a-c-k" She hiccuped.

Currently, Sophia and Emma were wrapped in fluffy blankets. After crying her heart out, Sophia was sleeping peacefully and Emma was still thinking about earlier. She was distracted From her thoughts by her phone which was ringing constantly. She checked the caller ID and instantly started smiling.

"Hello" she whispered.

"Are you okay? Is Sophia okay?" He asked. His voice was laced with concern making me smile.

"Yes-- Yes we are fine."

"Are you sure? Anything I can help with?" He asked again.

Honestly I was thinking about sharing Sophia's incident with Lucas, in case if he knows anything about Jack's feelings.

"Umm--- I have to tell you something."

“I am all ears.” And with that I said each and everything.

"Emma--- Jack he loves somebody." Lucas said making me froze.

"What?" I whisper yelled.

“He loves-----”

-------------------------------------------------------

Hello Lovely People!

What do you think who is she? Who is the love of Jack?

Will Sophia's love be One-sided?

Do you think that One-sided love hurts? Any views.

How was the Chapter?