Chapter 18

After Two weeks

Emma's POV

Few weeks have passed. I did saw Lucas in the college many times but didn't acknowledge him. There were few days when I saw him sitting in the park nearby my home.

Every time Lucas tried to talk to me I kept on ignoring him. I have to pay no attention to him or else he would lure me in his sweet talks, and I can't repeat that mistake again.
There are numerous questions in my head which I want to ask him but there is something which is stopping me.

My fear.

What if he confesses that he is not a bit ashamed of his actions, and he has no regret of his wrong doings. If he says so then I am sure that I will no longer be able to handle myself.

It's better to stay away from him. I thought.

On the other hand My and Ryan's friendship was growing stronger day by day.

I was the passing through the corridor, that I heard, Ryan's Voice.

"Hey! Emma, where are you going?" He asked.

"I am off to home Ryan." I said.

"Let me drop you then." He said.

"Uhh-- No thanks Ryan I----"

"Please I insist Emma" he said and pulled my hand in his.

However, I could feel someone was watching us very carefully and intently.

While holding his hands my mind wandered back to the time, when Lucas used to hold my hand so softly as if he was scared to hurt me. That time and those feelings are irreplaceable. Nobody can make me feel like Lucas did. I removed my hands slightly from his grip.

When we reached towards his car, he opened the passenger door allowing me to sit. If I had not given my heart to Lucas Then, for sure this gesture of his would have fluttered my heart.

"Tell me your address?" I told him my address so that he can put the location on GPS. Ryan started the car, and we are off. The drive was silent the whole way, and I was looking outside the window.

"Umm---Emma I want to confess something and please don't interrupt in between. Just hear me out completely. Emma when I first saw you in the class-- You caught my attention. The way you talk politely with everyone, the way you smile even at the simplest things, the way you giggle at Sophia's lames jokes, the way your eyes lit when you find something interesting--- All these traits of yours have attracted me towards you. I really adore you a lot Emma.

Emma I like you. Even if you don't feel the same way, it's okay. I respect your decision."

“Ryan” I stuttered.

"I--i, don't know what to say. I--i am sorry Ryan I have always considered you as my friend, I don't know when you got these feelings, but I have only seen you as a friend. I am sorry if I lead you on in some ways. Honestly you are my good friend, and I don't want to lose our friendship Ryan.

"Do you Love Lucas?" He asked.

Yes. Even if he has hurt me, I love him. You might say he doesn’t love me back so why I am hurting myself sticking to it but Let me tell you this. If you had been in love then you’d know loving someone immensely is the most beautiful thing in the world. I don't know what future holds for us but my feelings for him can't go away.” I mumbled.

“I hope both of you resolve your differences soon. I am happy for you Emma. Just forget what I said earlier. Those are my feelings and I'll handle them. You need not worry. Okay!” He said, smiling a bit and kept his focus on driving.

I was feeling a bit sad for Ryan but I'll pray that soon he finds his true love.

On the other hand Ryan knows Emma belongs to someone else, but he just wanted to try, but guess he has to wait for his perfect girl.

----------------------------------------------------

Well!! It's really hard to forget a person who has given you so much to remember? Right?

How was the chapter guys?

Can you relate to Emma's Emotions?

Any thoughts on Ryan's feelings?