Chapter 14

Third Person POV

It was past 8:00 Am and the teacher was waiting for all the students in the Hall. Soon everybody gathered in the spacious Hall.

"Students I want all of you to be in your groups. Today, we are going to go for hiking on Cadillac Mountains. Our destination is an Exquisite sight.

So get ready. We will be behind you." Their coordinator said.

-------------------------------------------

Emma's POV

"C'mon, you are almost there!" I heard my friends shouting.

My legs and arms were shaking. Sweat was tripping down my face. I was panting heavily. Every step felt like thousands of needles were sinking into my legs. I couldn't take it.

All of my friends were up the hill cheering me on including Sophia.

"Can you walk a bit slower." Jack sassed.

"Shut up you idiot. Emma darling just a bit more and you will be with us." Sophia said encouraging me a little.

"AHH my feet. I can't." I uttered.

"Are you ok?" I heard a voice behind me.

Are you Okay? Seriously. Who the hell is this person. Here I am exhausted, my legs have given up, and this person is asking me if I am okay or not.

I looked up, and it was Lucas.

"Here hold my hands." He said.

"Why did you came down? You were there on the top with others then why did you climb down?" I asked him. Honestly I was really happy to see him standing besides me. He really came down for me. But why?

"Because I couldn't leave my friend behind. So Hurry now. Hold my hand."

Oh! Okay. We are friends--- Ya just friends. I don't know Why, but I was feeling, hurt. Maybe because I wasn't expecting this answer or Maybe because I didn't like That he called me a friend. I know that Lucas has already confessed his feelings to me, but what if his feelings are over because I couldn't reciprocate to them at that time. I wanted to scream out loud that 'Lucas I feel the same' but what if it's over from his side.

"Hello Earth to Emma--- where are you dozing off? Are you okay?" He asked.

"Umm--- Nothing." I uttered.

I held his hand, and after that we kept on climbing the hill.

After reaching the top, I witnessed the most breathtaking sight I have ever seen

After reaching the top, I witnessed the most breathtaking sight I have ever seen. I couldn't believe my eyes the view was enthralling. You could see everything from this height. I looked down, and my heart sunk to my feet.

"Shh calm down." Lucas whispered while gripping my shoulders firmly.

"Are you afraid of heights?" He asked.

I simply nodded afraid to say anything. This height was scaring me.

"Look at me." Lucas ordered.

I rotated my head towards him because I was still in his hold. He cupped my face and said "It's okay to be scared, It's okay to have fears because that's what makes us humans, but how do we overcome those fears is what makes us different from the rest."

I smiled and nodded at him. The little speech that he gave literally changed my outlook towards various things.

We both were still in the same position, Lucas holding me firmly with his hands on my waist.

Suddenly a click sound of the camera caught mine and Lucas attention.

"Jeez Jack seriously you should have turned off the volume." Thomas uttered.

"He is seriously an idiot." Sophia uttered a bit pissed off.

"I am sorry guys." Jack mumbled sheepishly.

"But honestly you both were really looking like a lovey-dovey couple."

"Jack seriously give me the camera." Lucas groaned.

"Nope." He said while smirking.

"You". Lucas yelled and started running after Jack. We all were hysterically laughing at the scene.

------------------------------------------------------

Another update guys.

How was the chapter?

Are you liking the story so far?

Have a Great Day Ahead!!❤️