23

- - - -

"The Offer Is Always Available."

- - - - 

Far from their home, yet still close Rosalie found herself in a rented house, one she used with money transferred from Melanie. Melanie was furious when FP called her informing her that Rosalie was with him, yet was relieved she was okay.

"Do we have any bacon left?" FP asked, as Rosalie sat down opposite the two Jones boys, next to Fred.

Jughead scoffed at his father's question. Everything he could've asked, yet food was the only thing on his mind. Didn't he care about things going on around them? They were trapped, locked out of their home.

"Is that the only thing you're thinking about, food?"

"What else is there to do?" FP replied rhetorically. Despite the question being rhetorical, Fred and Rosalie knew Jughead would have an answer, he had an answer for everything.

"We need to figure out a way back to Riverdale, you know, the place Hiram Lodge is currently controlling like a video game?" Jughead said. "There's nothing we can do" FP replied. Jughead scoffed as he shook his head. "No, there is, there always is. I am the Serpent King, I need to return to my people!"

Rosalie had heard enough. He was acting irrationally, just like he did last year with the Ghoulies, this time, it wasn't so much the Serpents in danger, but the boy himself.

"Seriously, Jughead, think for once in your God damn life!"

"Excuse me?" a shocked Jughead said.

"If we go back before the Quarantine is lifted, we'll be shot, killed, which Hiram probably wants for you" she explained. "You're the only one with the brains to bring him down, that's why you need to be patient. You need to think of a plan for when you get back."

"But-"

"Rosalie's right, son" FP interrupted his defensive son. "You need to focus on what to do once the death trap is open, not plan a suicidal attempt to return now."

"It's been-"

"We know how long it's been, Jug, we know. But you need to think, you're the Serpent King and they need you. You're no use dead now, are you?" Rosalie questioned.

Jughead remained quiet, unsure what to say, something that both male adults found surprising and quite entertaining. Rosalie had silenced the boy with her valid argument.

Just as Jughead opened his mouth to speak, a phone started to beep. FP grabbed his phone, smirking as he read the message on the screen.

"Turns out we can return to Riverdale" he told the others. "The Quarantine has been lifted."

"How do you know?" Jughead questioned, unsure on who was keeping him updated. Rosalie wouldn't be surprised if was Oscar, the boy was always willing to help FP with anything, he loved the man.

The answer Jughead received slightly shocked him, though he didn't make it known. "Honey Bee informed me, she wants us back" FP said.

"We can go home, back to where we belong" FP said while smiling at Rosalie.

Rosalie was both nervous and excited to go home. She wanted to see Oscar, Leon, Fangs, she even missed Veronica and of course Sweet Pea. She wasn't sure how she'd react to her ex lover and worse, Josie McCoy, but she would be strong, she was stronger.