𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒪𝓃𝑒 ~ 𝐻𝑒𝓁𝓁𝑜 𝒟𝑒𝒶𝓇

Early Saturday Morning...

It was around 8:00 AM on a laid back Saturday morning at the Happy Hotel. Charlie had just woken up, not to the sound of peaceful music or birds singing outside her window, but to the blaring alarm clock on her bedside table. "Damn it..."

She slammed her hand down on the clock in a desperate attempt to shut it off and catch a few more Z's; it only ended with her rolling too far and onto the floor while the alarm clock fell down with her. "Ow! What the hell-"

"Oh Charlie!~" Charlie immediately knew who it was. Alastor was right outside her door, knocking away. "You have a very busy day my dear, I suggest you get to it!"

She grew bright red. "Y-Yeah! I'll be down in a few..." she called as she quickly pushed herself up from the floor and picked her clock up. Alastor wandered off, Charlie could still hear his hooves clicking away on the marble floors. "I better hurry up! Gosh it's already 8:05! Vaggie's gonna be mad."

If she was being honest, she forgot Alastor was even there. Even though it had been around two weeks now. She still remembered the day she opened the door and he was right there, staring down at her with that bright smile of his, saying he wanted to help with the hotel. Of course she was skeptical, but she let him stay. And he's done nothing but help so far! Charlie was still confused as to why he was being so polite, maybe he thought it was going to fail? Did he find pleasure in seeing other people fail? Probably, but everything had been going well. People were coming to the hotel and some were even close to being redeemed; he seemed happy about it! It made Charlie happy to see he might actually care. She's known about him for a long time, but she never would have imagined working with him now. Vaggie was still was suspicious, and was all over Charlie about how he should leave. She refused to listen.

She quickly pulled on her usual suit and put her hair up into a messy bun, then ran down the hallway and into the elevator. Her room as well as her friends were on the top floor, all of the guests rooms were on the other 9. Charlie pressed the 1st floor button, which there were two grand staircases on either side of the elevator facing the front door. She slid down the one on the right, only to be greeted by Alastor at the bottom.

"Morning my dear! Sleep well?" He asked.

"Oh! Hi Alastor, I slept well. Whatcha up to?" She had been warming up to him, but she was still nervous whenever they talked. Right now, she wasn't nervous, though. It seemed natural.

"Glad to hear! I just came to stop by, and was planning on visiting Husk- but it seems that will have to wait until another time," he motioned over to the bar where Angel Dust and Husk were passed out, face down with drinks every where. Charlie followed his gaze and sighed.

"Great... Guess I'll have to wake them up."

Alastor chuckled. "Anyways, I wanted to ask if you would like to meet for dinner tonight? To discuss things about the hotel, of course," Alastor asked while twirling his radio staff around.

Charlie felt her face go red. 'He's not asking you out! Just for the hotel! Stop it Charlie!' She didn't know why she was acting like this, she didn't like Alastor like that, right? Right.

"S-sure! Where?"

"Hmm. 7:00, Mimzys?"

"Works for me! See you then," Charlie said while doing her best to keep the weary smile plastered on her face. Alastor nodded and said his goodbyes before walking out the front doors, and out into the street.

Charlie stood there, dumbfounded at what just happened. She lost her smile and immediately fell into panic mode. "Oh god what am I gonna do?! I'm gonna have to get all fancy and dress up! And with him? No no no no-" She stopped muttering when Vaggie came up and slapped her on the shoulder.

"What's the fuss about?" Vaggie asked. She stood in front of Charlie in her usual white dress with pink stockings, hands placed on her hips as she stared Charlie up and down. 'Why is she being so weird?..'

"I uh- Nothing!" Charlie said, letting out a slight laugh. Vaggie was really good at telling when someone was lying, it was only a matter of time before she figured it out. Charlie wasn't really in the mood to deal with Vaggies excessive bickering about Alastor, so she'd just try to play it off.

"You're lying."

There we go.

"I'm not! Just a little startled, had a rough night. What are you doing?" Charlie asked. Maybe she could change the subject?

Vaggie groaned. "Whatever. I'm getting breakfast. You should too, if you're so 'frazzled.' Have you seen shit lord?"

"He left a couple minutes ago. Saw him walk out the front door."

Vaggie grumbled and walked off into the kitchen, Charlie let out a sigh in relief. "Phew..."

Charlie walked over to the bar and slapped the two bar crashers on the back of the head, snatching the empty bottles out of their hands. "Get up! Guests will be coming downstairs soon, I don't want them to see this," she said. Husky groaned and stumbled back to his feet, then walked over the bathroom. Angel, however, wouldn't get up.

"Angel. I said get up."

No response.

Charlie's patience was growing thin. So, she dragged him up the stairs and into the elevator, up to the top floor and into his room. She slammed the door shut and stormed back downstairs. Her day had been pretty shitty so far.

The princess went into her small office in the lobby, and sat down at her desk. Alastor had completely remodeled the entire hotel; it was a lot more modern now, as per Charlie's request. Everything was white or grey, with hints of red and golden plastering the walls.He had really done a lot. But the one room he didn't remodel was Charlie's office; she wanted to do that herself. She turned it into a cozy hangout spot. There was a few bean bags, some pillows, blankets, fairy lights, etc. She spent a lot of time in there, so she wanted it to be to her liking.

And with that, she got to work.

(First chapter ooooo. I accidentally deleted what I originally wrote here, so this is october me saying sorry lmao. Original- January of 2020:P)

(Art creds: Vivziepop, Al.5304)

edit- july of 2021

this story is literal ass what are yall on