𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐹𝒾𝒻𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃 ~ 𝐸𝓍𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓂𝒾𝓃𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃

At the Hotel...

A sudden small knock came from the front doors of the hotel, where a demon swaying on their heels stood holding a red envelope in their hands eagerly waiting an answer. Charlie quickly removed her head from Alastor's shoulder and looked up at him, he was staring straight at the doors with wide eyes. In other circumstances, he would have immediately called for his staff but he knew a demon as small as that one couldn't do much damage.

     "What the- huh?" Charlie said rising to her feet. Alastor stood as well, towering slightly above her. 

"I suppose you should answer it dear," he said. Charlie only changed her view back to the door from Alastor. Nervously, she walked over to the door and slowly opened it revealing the small mail demon before her. 

"Princess Charlotte?" They asked. Charlie nodded and they rushed the letter into her hand, before running down the street. She was so confused that there was no room to say anything, she only yelled thank you while shutting the door to stare down at the letter. Alastor walked over to her and stood in front of her, eyeing what she had in her small hands.

He already knew what the letter was, should have told Charlie sooner. Extermination day was tomorrow, and every year the overlords sent out a letter to everyone to prepare them. Alastor had been to the meetings, fights, arguments. It had already been lingering in his mind for weeks, since he knew Charlie hated it so much.

     But the princess had no idea what the letter was, so she tore it open with the slice of one of her sharp nails and pulled out the crisp sheet of white paper. "Dear citizens of Hell, you may or not know that extermination day is coming- we advice you to stay indoors all day tomorrow and avoid windows/ open areas... the overlords," Charlie read aloud. Tears swelled in her wide eyes, before she slammed into Alastor bursting with tears. It sounded like someone had cut her arm off she was crying so hysterically. He held her close and stroked her blond head gently, resting his own head on top of hers.

Angel had been coming down the stairs when he saw Charlie crying, and ran over to them worried as ever. "Whats wrong with her?" He said once he reached Alastor's side, looking down at Charlie who was too upset to speak. Charlie headed towards her room, almost running. Embarrassment flooded over her- no one could see her like this! Angel watched, reaching out to stop her but then stopped himself. Alastor walked towards the stairs leaving him there, but then turned around with a sigh. 

"Extermination day is tomorrow. Me and you don't need to worry, Charlie doesn't either. But you know how she gets. Tell Vaggie." And with that he walked up the stairs to Charlies room.

Extermination day was a day when the fallen Angels from heaven came to Hell, taking out anyone in their way. It was the way to deal with overpopulation here. While many overlords, Alastor included, liked this idea many others didn't. Lucifer didn't even like it. The big man (God) always gets what he wants though, and no one could do anything about it. 

Anyone who played a larger role were guaranteed safety, such as Alastor and Charlie. Even if they were targeted, they had the power to kill an Angel. And since Angel Dust was the most famous porn star, which is a huge industry in Hell, he was guaranteed safety as well. People on the streets would run, try to run, but quickly would be killed. No one ever knew when they would come, the Angels would just show up.

Once Alastor reached Charlies room, he heard the sound of muffled crying on the other side of the shut door. His ears flopped on either side of his head, and he knocked softly on her door. "Go away please," she whispered. 

"Its Alastor darling," Alastor said pressing himself against it. Charlie remained quiet, but reached up to unlock the door from where she was sitting (directly next to the door). He pushed the door open all the way before shutting and locking it so no once could see them, and swooped her up placing her on the bed. Snapping, she was changed into comfy clothes and so was he. She had on her usual black hoodie and black sweatpants, he wore a red sweatshirt with black pants. Hers baggie, his looked nice and form fitting against his broad shoulders.