𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒 ~ 𝒟𝒾𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓇 𝒲𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝒶 𝒟𝑒𝑒𝓇

Alastor and Charlie walked into the bar still hand in hand, but quickly separated as they saw Mimzy running to them from behind the hostess stand.

"Alastor! Is that you hun?" Mimzy eagerly rocked back and forth on her heels while she leaned towards him, squinting as if she couldn't make out who it was.

"Indeed it is! Quite the lovely thing you have going on here."

"Thank you! It's been a while since I've seen you- who's this?" She motioned over to Charlie, who was just staring off into space next to Alastor.

"This is Charlie! My business partner over at the hotel, we were actually wondering if you could get us a table for two please," Alastor added.

Mimzy froze. She had known Alastor since they were humans, he was never one to have a love interest and she knew that. He never took anyone out on dinner dates, and was usually alone. This made her suspicious.

But she didn't question it. She winked at him and grabbed two menus, telling them to follow her to their table. Alastor knew about Mimzy and her playful antics, he ignored it not wanting Charlie to pick up on it what the little wink ment.

They walked through the restaurant, it was very busy. The bar was completely slammed, and almost every table was filled. Jazz music filled the room as well as the sounds of demons chattering away about anything and everything. It made Charlie happy to see people just talking. Like normal.

Mimzy sat the two down at a booth next to a large window with a view of the city, the sun was setting so it gave them the perfect view. She sat down their menus, placed the silverware, and then leaned down to Alastors ear as she walked away. She said, "Don't screw it up."

That sure did leave him confused. 'What?'

They sat in silence for a bit, each of them occasionally taking a sip of water while looking at the menus. Alastor was completely taken back at what Mimzy had said, he didn't understand. Was he showing it? No, of course not. But his mind was a mess trying to figure out what she meant.

Charlie on the other hand was a nervous wreck. Here she was, sitting in a public restaurant with Alastor; the Radio Demon. People were staring. And whispering- it was really bothering her. She nervously tapped away on the table while her eyes were darting in every direction possible, scanning everyone up and down.

ALASTORS POV

Me and Charlie are just sitting in silence now. It's not necessarily awkward, I'm just trying to figure out what Mimzy meant. 'Surely she didn't mean it like that... right? No! Of course not.'

Charlie looks rather... nervous. 'Is it because of me? It is quite crowded in here, I should ask.'

I reached my hand out and placed it on top of hers in the middle of the table to grab her attention, she immediately looked up at me.

"Charlie are you alright? You've been quiet this entire time, and you seem- anxious."

"I- I'm fine! There's just a lot of people... heh," she said. She looked out the window and at the city. I thought I saw a slight pink blush on her cheek. Perhaps I was seeing things.

I took my hand away and followed her gaze. "It's quite the view isn't it?" Charlie nodded.

"Hey Al?"

She was looking  at me now, with those wide eyes of hers. They seem to stare straight into your soul. Not that I mind.

"Hm?"

"I just wanted to say thank you for inviting me tonight, it'll give us a chance to catch up!"

She seemed to be in a better mood now. I could still sense she was a little nervous, but I was glad it was dying down. I gave her a soft smile and nodded, then the waiter came to take our order.