𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓉𝓅𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 ~ 𝐻𝑒𝒶𝒹𝒶𝒸𝒽𝑒

'Am I really doing this wrong?' The words rang over and over in Charlie's head for what seemed like an eternity. Alastor eventually grabbed her by the shoulder and gave her a gentle shake in attempt to snap her out of her trance

"Charlie? Are you alright?" She didn't answer him. She pulled away and felt herself nearly fall over. The room started spinning and her vision became blurry, in a matter of seconds she was on her way to hitting the floor. Thank the lord Alastor was there to catch her before she hit the hard marble tile.

Lia watched Alastor lower Charlie to the ground with a nasty glare spread across her pale face. "Poor poor thing. What a shame, really," she said. She swayed on her hips and strutted away, not even passing them a second glance. Alastor didn't even care. His attention was on Charlie.

When Charlie finally came back to reality, she squirmed her way out of Alastors arms. "Let go of me, please."

He let her go, back up. 'That's strange. Was it something I said?..'

"Charlie... what's wrong?" he stood up and brushed himself off. He offered a hand to her, but she pushed it away. None of the other guests were paying then any more attention, Alastor had made his appearance well known earlier. And Lucifer, boy was he pissed. No body wanted to mess up his part even more than it already was.

Charlie groaned and stood up herself. "I- I think I just need some alone time, ok? I'll find you when I'm done," she said as she turned around and walked out of the ballroom, leaving Alastor there all by himself. He wondered what he did so wrong, she seemed pretty upset.

'Well... might as well make use of the time I have.' He was still caught on finding the bastard who called him out in front of all those people. The voice was similar to his, but higher and more raspy. It had a hint of an accent, too. A females voice.

Alastor walked along the outskirts of the room, giving a simple smile to anyone who cared to give him a passing glance. Suddenly someone was right in front of him, bouncing up and down on their heels. "ALASTOR! There you are!"

He snapped his head towards the pink pig tails in front of him, nearly throwing up at the sight. His face hot, and his throat burned.

Velvet.

Velvet had known Alastor since he arrived in Hell, she had done nothing but mess with him. They were ac ty ally good friends for a long time! Up until the little incident a few years ago with Vox, she left him. She ruined their relationship that she said she valued to dearly. He never truly did forgive her after that., and they hadn't spoken in a long time.

"How have you been? Saw you got yourself a little girlfriend, has it really been what long?" She said circling around him. Her dress towed behind her, her pointy shoes tapping along the cold floor. Alastor was on the verge of exploding for the second time.

But, he kept his cool. "I'm fine. Might I ask, why did you do that earlier?"

"Do what?"

"Yell my name out like you did, it was ra ty we unnecessary don't you think?"

She was standing directly in front of him now, staring up at him with wide eyes. It took a moment before she understood what he was even referring to.

"Oh that? It was hilarious! You should've seen the look on your face! Priceless! Just a joke, nothing more," she said. She placed a hand on his shoulder and slouched over, giving him the nastiest glare she could dish out. Alastor flicked her hand away.

"I don't think it was funny, it was quite rude."

"Whatever," Velvet said retreating to her corner. She pulled out her phone and quickly texted someone before shoving it back into her pocket and standing up. "Well, I gotta go. Have fun with your girl toy you son of a bitch!" Then she snapped her fingers, and was gone; only the faint smell of her perfume lingered in the air. Alastor reached out in attempt to grab her before she could get away, but he was too slow. He stared down at the place where she stood, rage coursing through his already corrupt head.

He didn't say anything, but turned around and walked into the dining room. He had gotten his answer, now he wanted to find Charlie.

When he entered the main foyer, he caught a glimpse of Lucifer chatting amongst some other overlords. 'Damn it.'

He quickly tried to go up the stairs to try and find Charlie's room without being seen, but Lucifer saw him and quickly became suspicious. About two minutes after he saw Alastor, he excused himself from the group and followed after him.

Upstairs...

Alastor was trying to find Charlie's room, but it felt impossible. There was so many hallways and doors in the place, it would take ages to find one room!
He walked up and down the hallways, looking for the  name tag that said Charlie Magne not knowing Lucifer was close behind. When Alastor rounded a corner, Lucifer finally decided to make himself known."What are you doing up here?"

Alastor froze and backed up, clearing his throat. "Hello, Lucifer," he said while reaching out his hand. Lucifer simply declined it and kept his death stare locked on the red eyes demon in front of him.

"Where exactly do you think you're going?"

Alastor didn't want to waist time answering these questions, he wanted to find Charlie. "Why do you ask?"

"Well when you see someone like you walking around in your own house it's worrisome enough, but when they wander off out of sight I can't help but wonder where you're going. Now answer my question," Lucifer demanded. Alastor chuckled.

"I'm going to apologize to her daughter. Could you tell me where she is?"

Well that caught him off guard.

'Why would he do that? This heartless monster wants to apologize? Is she even in her room? He'll just go kill her! Shit!'

"Why should I tell you where her room is?"

"Well, I'm not exactly why but I do believe she isn't exactly happy with me as of right now. Some things when on downstairs and it left her rather startled, but it's been a while so I wanted to see how she was doing," Alastor said. Lucifer was confused. They had agreed to get along for Charlie's sake, after the fight. He wasn't one to turn back on his promises. 'He hasn't killed her already... why would he now? If he really wants to help.'

Lucifer groaned and pointed down the hallway. "Three doors down, take another right, very last door. Try anything and I'll kill you, got it?"

"Understood."

Alastor passed by him and said thank you, Lucifer watched him from behind as he wandered off.He was regretting telling him that. 'He'll probably just kill her and leave her dead in her own house just so that we could find the bodies and clean it up. Damn it..'

Art Creds: VivziePop on Youtube, al.5304.mu on Instagram

(Hiya. Slowly coming out of a writers block, hope you enjoyed! ALSO; I re wrote the last chapter. Same concept, just more detailed. This is like a part one of a two chapter thing.)

(REVISED 10/18/20)