Chapter 3 - The Massacre

Chapter 3 - the massacre

Me and Ben had been training with Luke for three years now and I don't think it could've gone better. Luke says I am only one step away from becoming a Jedi master and next year, I can have my own padawan to train.

Me and Kaiya are still best friends but Jessa left two years ago when she outgrew the training. She didn't want to become a Jedi master. Kaiya and I think that she met a boy and that's why she left - so she could freely love but still have the power of a Jedi. Not for me, thank you very much.

Ben had been getting more and more distant over the years we have been here and I think that it's the lack of our parents seeing us. They send holograms and letters but it's still not enough for him.

He wasn't violent though, just quiet. He excluded himself from everyone. There was some nights when I would awake in the very early hours and see him walking about the island, seemingly talking to himself. It scared me a bit.

In these last couple of weeks, however, I had a terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. Sometimes it would get so strong that I would get the urge to throw up or I would get dizzy. Kaiya said that I had maybe just come down with something but Luke could feel it too - he would never tell me that but he seems to forget that I am possibly the strongest one here with the force.

It wasn't until one night, when I was having dinner with Luke when the feeling stopped. For both of us. The feeling of the twists leaving my stomach was so overpowering that I drop my fork which had some kind of meat on it. Luke gives me a wide eyed, almost frightened look. One that I had never seen cross his face before.

It was silent for about a minute until a heart wrenching, deafening scream of a young boy rang throughout the whole of the island. "Ben," we both say breathlessly as we realise what has happened. He's followed the path of Anakin.

"Run, and don't look back. Not for anyone or anything," He stands up from his seated position suddenly and his breaths get heavy and shaky all at once. "Go to the hut at the end of the island, lock yourself in with the force and don't answer to anyone. Not until you know they're gone,"

I nod and have full intentions to go but my legs won't move. There is the sound of a ship landing on the island, approximately a mile away from Luke's home where we are. "I love you, Uncle Luke," I pull him into a quick hug but he only briefly returns it.

"I love you too, Y/N but i'm being serious you have to go. That isn't Ben anymore and he won't stand down, not for you and not for anyone," he explains with slightly glossy eyes which I tear myself away from and begin to run until my legs can't possibly run anymore.

That point just so happens to be the hut, a mile away from Luke's house. I enter the hut and instantly throw my force at the door before trying to catch my breath and hiding behind a small stack of crates.

I sit waiting for about an hour, listening to the screams, the please and the cries of the padawans before I hear footsteps approaching. With tear stained cheeks, I find myself whimpering a little but I refuse to make a noise. Instead, I focus everything in me on keeping that door closed.

There's a rattling on the handle of the hut and I keep calm. Inhale, exhale. Inhale, exhale. "No one in here sir, doors locked," The voice of a stormtrooper says from outside the hut.

"Try again. She has to be somewhere," A monotone, robotic version of my brother's voice replies before I push the force even stronger on the lock. Don't get distracted, Y/N. This is life and death.

"Sir, do you maybe think she has escaped? We couldn't find Luke Skywalker's ship, maybe she left with hi-" the same trooper from before is interrupted and his voice is quickly replaced with the sound of gagging and choking.