Chapter 9 - Endor

Chapter 9

Y/N's POV

I awoke from the long night with a large stretch and a yawn. Yet another night I have slept the whole way through and I can't explain it. Maybe it's because for once, I am content with my life.

I don't have to hide my past from the people in the resistance anymore, they all know who my parents are and who my brother is, i'm finally a pilot with my own x-wing, I have a new friend and I have a date. An actual date with an actual person, not just some made up storyline i've created in my head. And yet I still have no idea where we are going and I wasn't going to use my force to find out either, no matter how much I hate not knowing.

However, as I sit up in my bed, sunlight peeking through my windows, I can't get rid of the feeling that Ben is thinking of me wherever he is doing his evil sith apprentice stuff. He still thinks I'm dead. He feels guilty for killing me and I can feel him but he can't feel me. Maybe the years of keeping my mind barriers have left an everlasting effect. Maybe they're just up all the time now.

Taking a moment to feel the bliss of the positive aura around me, I stay seated under all my covers and close my eyes once again. That is until a frantic knocking starts on my door.

I get out of bed with a groan and start towards the door. "Ok, ok! I'm coming!" I moan swinging the door open and stopping the persistent knocker in their tracks. "Mom?"

"You felt it too?" my mother asks from her short stance with glossy eyes and crossed eyebrows.

"Ben?" I ask her and she nods. "Yeah, I felt him. You did too?"

"I do every few months but this was different. I don't feel as much darkness, there's more light in him this time," she sounds hopeful but I know I have to stop her before she gets her hopes higher.

"Mom," I stop her sadly. "I don't think he's coming back to us. I miss him too but he's too far gone now,"

She closes her eyes, them becoming more glossy as she reopens them. "I miss him, Y/N. He's my boy,"

I pull her towards me and hold her close. Too many times we have had interactions like this early in the morning. I wipe her eyes gently with a soft touch, sending her calming energies through my fingers. "I miss him too," I whisper. "But he's not Ben anymore, and I don't think he ever will be again,"

"I can feel it though, there's light in him," She almost seems to be attempting to convince herself.

"I can feel it too but the dark is still overpowering him. This is what he's chosen, as much as I hate to admit it," I tell her with a sad smile.

"I know," she accepts my words with a nod. "You better get to work, would you mind helping me out in the comm centre today? There's a few people out doing an investigation and we need to get in touch with them,"

"The map?" I ask, hoping for any news on where my uncle Luke might be.

"Hopefully," She begins to walk away but turns once again as I go to close my door. "Don't expect to see much of Commander Dameron today,"

"What, why?" Had he decided he didn't want the date anymore? So he really didn't like me, was it all a joke?

"Don't worry, he hasn't shut up about your date since you agreed. He hasn't forgotten about it, trust me," Well that's good to know. "He needed to go somewhere early this morning, said there were errands he needed to run before he returned back later today,"

"Ok," I shoot her a smile and close the door as she turns away. "You better not be doing anything stupid, Poe," I mutter to myself and begin looking through my drawers fo something to wear through the day and for my date tonight.