Chapter 14 - Home

Chapter 14

I fly through space preparing to go into light speed. It feels strange not having a voice in my ear constantly but nonetheless, it's quite relaxing. Just not when you consider the situation I am in currently.

When the computer tells me to, I pull the lever and go into light speed. I have only done this a couple of times and both of them I was with Poe. I blink away the thought and watch myself near the desert planet of Jakku. I push the lever back into place, expecting everything to go smoothly like it always has before.

It does.

Lies.

Coming out of the neon blue tunnel, the first thing I see is a giant metal scrap yard. Or more specifically, A huge abandoned ship that has worn down over many years and scavenger visits.

I gasp loudly as I try to swerve to avoid the spires sticking out but it doesn't work, I only fly into another spire. Everything spins for a minute before I feel the impact of the ship crash into the sand harshly.

I can't feel any immediate pain but my head is pounding and my ears are ringing loudly. I take off my piloting gloves and hold the ring around my neck close to my heart.

As my eyes get heavy and start to tear up, I can't help but wonder if when I wake up I'll be with my mom and dad and Poe again or whether I'll be with uncle Ben, Pops and Nana Padme who met her fate at the same age as me.

With my final glimpse before everything turns black, I see a silhouette. Whether it's a figment of my imagination or real? No idea. But whatever happens, I know that my last thought before I go was everyone that I have ever loved - even the people i've never even met before.

****

I awake with a gasp as I sit up only to be laid back down again. "Hey hey hey," I hear a woman's voice. One that sounds similar to 3PO with the accent. "You're ok, you're safe,"

"Where am I? What happened?" I ask with a shaky tone. It all comes back to me in a second so I stop the girl who's face I have yet to see. "Nevermind, I remember. How long have I been out?"

"Only a couple of hours," she places a hand behind my neck and helps me to slowly sit up. "You need to eat,"

She hands me a bowl with some green bread like stuff in it, portions. She must be a scavenger. I shake my head 'No' but she pushes it towards me.

"Seriously, knowing what the market is like at the moment you surely can't get many of these. You have it, I'm not hungry," I tell her, looking at her face for the first time I see a chiseled face, plump lips and semi-neat hair. She's quite beautiful even if I do say so myself. "At least have half?"

She looks up at me, lips slightly parted, and then back down the portions. The prominence of her collarbone shows how truly underfed she is and I don't want to be a factor for her starvation. "You really should eat, you've had quite the day,"

"Tell me about it," I chuckle lightly. "But, please?"

She sighs, "Fine," She sits next to me and splits the portion bread in half, thinking I won't notice her moving the bigger half towards me.

Stubborn, reminds me of Poe. Poe. "I-I need to get out of here," I stand up and feel a dizzy spell hit me like a ton of bricks all at once. She steadies me and sits me back down, basically forcing the bread into my mouth.

I look around the place for a moment, noting the continuous marks all around the metallic walls. The days she's been here? In this home particularly or in general? I also see a small makeshift doll dressed up like a resistance pilot next to a really old rebellion helmet.