Tips For Coming Out To Guardians

Are you transgender? Maybe even a different sexuallity from Hetero? Already told your guardians? Or maybe you just know they won't accept you, and you will be kicked out. Well, here's what to do in that case.

Take care of YOURSELF!
If there's a chance any bad could happen, don't risk it. Are you guardians paying for you to go to college? Wait it out! It can be soul crushing, but it's what's safest for YOU!

Bring someone TRUSTED!
Make sure you bring someone you are all ready out to. Perhaps a friend, or maybe one of their parents/guardians. Grandparents you're out to? Bring them! If you have a gut feeling that coming out could go wrong, then follow your gut! Or maybe you could go to a public place. This one young lady had police on speed dial in case her parents didn't react well when she came out in her dorm room.

I got kicked out! What do I do?
I'm so sorry to hear that! You should bring important stuff. Actually, make sure this bag is packed just in case the worst happens. It's better to be safe, and have a bag you don't need, than need a bag you don't have. You should have:

- Money
- Birth Certificate
- Social security card
- Drivers licence
- Devices
- Anything else you'd want to have if you were suddenly displaced! I don't want to scare you, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Be ready to answer questions!
Questions may include:
"Are you sure?"
"How do you know?"
"But you dated so-and-so!"
Remember, this is new to them, so try to keep the pressure off of them!

Remember to stay safe everyone. Always have a go to plan just in case! I love you all! Sorry for the slow updates. I've been really busy because my little cousins have been staying over! You know how that goes. Haha.