"Why Isn't There A Straight Pride?"

"Why Isn't There A Straight Pride?" - Sent to be by TJ.

Well TJ, that's a good question! Gay pride has a long, sad history. From mass killings to massive discrimination, queers have had it bad for a long time. Queers would be, and still are being kicked out for being something other than straight, killed because a family member thinks they're trans, being hated on for holding hands with a lover in public. Queers are given a bad wrap. A more common one, "Bisexuals like to cheat." Using this as a "reasoning", straight people would avoid queers, or even go to gay bars for the sole purpose of killing everyone there. Straight people have never had it that bad. Ever. Straight were never hated on for liking the opposite gender, and you definitely don't get kicked out or killed for being straight. Pride parades (and pride month) are there to, in a way, honor all the queer members we've lost. It's a way to show how much queers matter. A way to remember the past, and how it's changed the lgbt community as a whole.

Tl;dr: Gay pride is here to remember the hard past that queers have had.

~♡~♡~♡~♡~

So yeah. You can now message me with any questions you have and I'll answer it in a chapter. I won't put your username - but I will put your name. I can put your real name, or if you want to be left anonymous, I can pick a name for you. Send em questions in, babes. Love you, all. 😘

(I called the lgbt community "queers" in this chapter, but I might switch to calling the lgbt community Homos and the straights Heteros to avoid offending anyone.)