chapter three

i just spent 6 hours on a 10 question paper with 2 parts each someone help me my god my fingers are cramping
—————————————————

"Y/N-CHAN THAT WAS AMAZING." Uko said and patted me on my back, which was more like a slap. "No kidding you're ushijimas sister." She complimented. I gave her a nod to show my appreciation.

Everyone else had seen my spike, some were a bit speechless. A group of girls ran over to me, shoving Uko aside. "The names uruoiku namishida." One of the others said, she abruptly took my hand and shook it. I stared down at our hands, my breathing began to deepen.

Oh god, oh god. Please no. I don't want to have this now.

I jerked my hand away, quickly bringing it down to the hem of my shirt. A few of the other girls leaned in. "Oh! So what's your name? Hmm?" One girl asked. "That was one hell of a spike!" Another said. "Think you could teach me some moves?" One pointer a finger at me.

It felt like they were all breathing down my neck. One girl came in from behind me and practically put me in a choke hold, rubbing my head. "Looks like we've got our selves a mute? Huh? Why don't yah talk a little? We won't bite.." she said loudly, the other girls laughing. (Some have commented this is rude, yes it quite is, but your anxiety makes things seem worse than they are. Plus guy, shut up like seriously, like you think I don't know???? I know it's rude I wrote the book)

By this time I was panicking. I didn't like to be touched nor did I want to be touched. There was too many people around me, and I absolutely hated it.

(Edit: cuz idk why I thought it would click with you guys bc obviously not, but ANYWAYS. the anxiety makes everything seem so much worse. please really. the "choke hold" was exaggerated, this may seem bad because that's what it feels like to so n so y/n. it's not actually as bad as it is described. Thank you and good day.) (you guys still don't get it huh? It's a form of over exaggerating, y/n's stress made the situation seem more worse than it actually was. When in reality, rori and the team were just casually joking around and trying to get to know y/n.)

"Oh come on!! You don't have to be scared!!" The girl practically yelled in my ear. Uko peered around them. "Hey guys..I don't think that's a good idea.." she said, trying to get their attention. Uruoiku looked down at uko and gave her a sly smirk. "There's nothing wrong with asking her a few questions." She said.

My breathing quickened, and I looked up and all of them. The girl behind me still had me in a choke hold, and it was starting to get harder to breathe. I winced as I tried to breathe. Tears started to dwell in my eyes...i then snapped.

I took her arms and pried them off of my neck, shoving her to the side. "Hey what was that for?-" I shoved through the crowd of girls, running past Uko and across the gym and to the exit. "Y/n!" Uko said and ran after me. The others watched as I ran out of the gym. "Great going rori.." they look to the girl who had put me in a choke hold. "Oh come on! I didn't do anything!"
——————————————

My eyes stung as I ran out the door. The pressure on my chest seemed to increase and I was shaking uncontrollably.

I hate everything about that practice, I hated being there, I hate touching the ball, I hate having to come in contact with those girls.

"Y/n slow down!" Uko yelled after me. I shook my head as I ran faster. Tears escaped my eyes, my face a flush red.

I felt so embarrassed and violated at the same time, I didn't know what to do. All I knew was to go to ushi.

I ran past other students and to the next gym. You could hear the slap of both mine and ukos shoes against the concrete. I could hear Uko yell after me. "Y/n, please slow down!"

I ran down the pathway and to the parking lot, i then spotted the open gym doors to the guys gym. I then ran faster and up the steps, Uko coming in after me. "Y/n slow down my goodness!"

I looked around frantically, my eyes searching for Ushi, i then spotted him, he was talking with tendou. It seemed that they were in a deep conversation. Ushi turned around as soon as he heard uko, his face then turning into a frown. We both ran towards each other, him engulfing me in his arms. I cried into his shirt. Tendou ran over and peered down, a soft look on his face.

Tendou knew of my anxiety, and he knew how how bad it was. Sometimes, when ushi wasn't there at school or when he was away on trips, tendou would be there to comfort me.

Ushi didn't say anything, other then him walking me out of the gym and last, uko. Uko watched as both me and Ushi walked out, him rubbing my back.
——————————————
*ukos pov*

"Is y/n-Chan going to be okay?" I asked. Tendou walked over to me and nodded. "Ah, yes, she shall be fine." He said. He watched as the doors closed, making him sigh. I looked up at him. I noticed that he was quite tall, which caught me off guard.

"Then what's the matter with her?" I asked curiously. In all honesty, I was a bit concerned, as i didn't know much about much about y/n. "You see, y/n-chan has a lot of social anxiety, she's not good at dealing with it on her own so she usually has panic attacks..." tendou started. "...ushijima was quite worried about her, he predicted something like this would happen." He said and shook his head.

Tendou walked over to a bench. He took his towel and placed it around his neck. I walked over to him. "So do you know y/n very well?" I had asked. Tendou looked up. "Who me? Oh, I've known y/n ever since she was born." He said. I nodded in curiosity. "Could I ask you a few questions about her then?" I asked. I sat down on the bench beside him and he scooted to make room.

I wanted to know more about y/n. Since i knew she didn't talk much i thought that it may be better to ask someone else.

Tendou nodded. "I'm all ears." He replied. I smiled. I thought to my self for a second, then I finally came up with my first question. "Does y/n ever talk?" I asked. Tendou bit his lip. "That's kinda difficult to answer..." he said and leaned back. "...I've never actually seen y/n talk before, not unless it's to ushijima, but that's like once in a blue moon around me.." he spoke. "...she used to talk some when she was younger but it sorta went away, it's very rare for her to talk...I don't even know what her voice sounds like anymore." Tendou spoke.

I nodded and gazed down at my shoes. "Ah, I see.." I said. "...how long has she played volleyball? She's very good at it." I spoke. Tendou smiled. "Oh now there's a question I can answer!" He said excitedly. "Yeah no kidding she's good at it, her serves are amazing, so are her spikes!!" Tendou said and looked down at me. His eyes filled with excitement. He spoke with a grin that soon spread to my face. "She's been playing ever since she was in elementary school, she would even come and practice with me and ushiwaka sometimes." He said. I was amazed, a bit took back.

I had no idea that y/n had played that long, no wonder she was so good. She had been playing since elementary!

I nodded to my self. "That explains a lot." I said. I gave him a quick smile. "Thank you for your time, I really appreciate it!" I said, standing up and bowing my head. He waved his hand around. "Ah it's no big deal Uko, anytime, now go, you have practice." Tendou said and gave me a grin. I smiled at him and waved a goodbye, walking out of the door.

Now...I wonder where y/n is?
—————————————
Time: 12:55 am
Me: tired
My fingers: can no longer function
Hotel: trivago

Me🤝staying up til 1am writing chapters
(I'm sorry for any typos 🙏😖)

Word count: 1327