chapter twenty nine

:D i just got broken up with :,D

anyways how's y'alls day going
(Note: forgive me for any misspelling.)
-
"Hey y/n?"

The voice spoke softly to me. The voice was scratchy but shaky. Little hiccups and chokes were heard as it spoke to me.

"Do you believe that there's something I could have done to change this... to change this into another out come. One where you were with me?"

I turned my head, moving my hair out of my face to see the person clearly.

"It's okay." I said to them.

"It's okay, koutarou."
-
*y/n's pov*

I had started to get nervous. Not about being with tendou, but my parents. My mother loves tendou half to death but I wonder if she could tell that we're not actually together? She could probably figure it out if she payed attention real carefully.

Tendou told me not to worry about it, just to play it natural. But, I've never once been in a relationship. I wonder if he has? Probably.

Uruoiku and Rori gave me tips on what to do, like "hug him a lot" "kiss his cheek" "tease him" stuff like that.

My mother has met Rori before, during games when she used to come and watch my brother. Rori would always be in the stands cheering. She said it's good for the captains to support each other. Ushi has gone to quite a few of her games as well.

My mother was quite fond of Rori, I suppose because of how compatible her and my brother were. Ushi and Rori don't want to date however. They see each other as colleagues, kind of like equals.
-

Tendou pulled into the parking lot of the shopping center. I could already see my mother and fathers cars park along side each other. Ushi and Rori were waiting outside Rori's car.

Both me and tendou got out and tendou locked his car. Rori looked over at us and waved her hands drastically. "Y/N-CHANNNN OVER HERE." I looked over to see her jumping around and a small smile came to my face.

Both me and tendou walked over and Rori engulfed me in a tight hug. "I'm so excited! It's been so long since I've seen your mother!" She said with a smile. I nodded my head in response. "Rori-...please let- go." I struggled to move my body in her right grip. She released me and patted her arms. "Guess I'm too strong for yah." She chuckled.

Tendou looked back and checked his watch. "Well ladies and gents and whatever's, we have a triple date to get to in five minutes. Are you ready?" He asked and looked up. His eyes met with mine as he said that last sentence. I held my breath and nodded slowly as tendou grinned.

My brother and Rori both responded with a yes and tendou held out his hand for mine. Rori and Ushi walked away with their arms linked, heading towards the restaurant doors.

"Are you ready y/n?" He asked softly as he leaned down to my height. I bit the inside of my cheek and nodded. "I suppose.." I mumbled and put my hand in his. He smiled and gave my hand a squeeze. "Well then..." he said as he pulled me along proudly. "...lets go win their hearts!"
-

Both me and tendou turned the corner and seen my parents. Cold chills ran down my neck as I gripped Tendou's hand.

My mother looked up and her eyes met with mine. Her eyes then trailed down my body and to mine and Tendou's hands.

Her face brightened. "Don't tell me!" She said with a proud smile. Tendou grinned and walked over to my mother. "We are!" He responded. My mother gleamed in happiness and stood up, clapping her hands.