chapter fifthteen

so my birthday will be here in about a month jandbdndjfbf:)

im actually kinda excited
———————————————

I stared at my front door, as I could hear yelling inside. My mother's screams among my dads yelling, making my heart race. I could hear Ushi's voice inside, gradually getting louder as he was yelling back at them.

I slowly made my way to the door and opened it, the yelling instantly going quiet. I walked in and shut the door behind me, quietly taking off my shoes. "...hello?" I asked, my voice small.

I had this deep pit in my stomach, the kind you get before you go on a huge rollercoaster or when you know something is wrong. In this case, I knew something was wrong.

"In here." Ushi said in an annoyed voice. His voice came from the living room, and I slowly made my way into there. I peeked my body slowly into the door frame and instantly started to get cold chills.

There stood both of my parents, and they seem pissed. Ushi looked over at me as he was sat on the couch. "Come here kiddo." He said and patted a spot next to him. I walked past my mother quickly and sat beside my brother.

My mother cleared he throat, her face holding a smug yet serious look. It was a kind of look you wanted to smack off of someone's face. "We see that you have been doing well, y/n." She kind of asked. I nodded my head slowly as I slouched back and into the nook of Ushi's arm. It quiet for a few, an awkward quiet...

My father looked over at my mom and then at me. "Jeez this is taking too long..." he started causing me to look up. "...we want you to move back in with us." My father said bluntly.

My heart dropped and I looked to Ushi for help. He gave me an apologetic look and rubbed my back.

My mother cleared her voice. "Ehem..." she continued. "...anyways, we are moving actually, towards the city and what your father meant to say..." she gave him a side glare. "...is that we don't want you to move in with us, you will be moving with us." She said seriously. I looked at her confused for a moment.

"...wait, what?..." I said slowly. Tears welled up in my eyes. "You can't force me to go with you." I said as I sat up. Both my parents gave me a look, telling me that they meant business. My father cleared his voice. "Actually, we can y/n, and we will." He told me.

I looked at my brother, who was currently looking down at his lap. He then looked up at me. "I tried..." his words were almost a whisper.

I felt so helpless, because I knew I had no power here. I'm not eighteen and I don't be for a while. The pit in my stomach only deepened as I realized that I would have to move everything I built up, my friendships, everything... not to mention I just started the volleyball club.

Tears started to pour out of my eyes. "But you can't do that.." I said as I looked at them. "...I've just now got a good start at something I'm actually good at..!!" I yelled at them. "...a-and I've made new friends and it's people I actually like, and I'm n-not just making this up-p....!!!" I spoke loudly as I stuttered.

My mother shook her head at me and gave me a glare. "I mean it when I say this y/n, now here me clear, you are coming with us. Whether you want to go or not." She spoke in a stern voice.

I felt so mad and confused. They have no right to just force me into moving back with them, when they agreed to let me live with Ushi in the first place.

I threw my hands up. "So you're just gonna force me? Huh? Is that what's going on? Since you guys can't take care of a stupid house by yourself because your kids left and it began to get a mess, you all of a sudden think it's okay to just take me back by forc-" smack.