Birthday

A/N: Let's wish Charlie "Happy birthday!". Yes! It's Charlie's birthday on Christmas day! How do you think Charlie and Eric's first Christmas after their marriage will go?? 

We haven't talked much about 'us' since I sneaked up on Charlie and Paul making out. Paul has come over a few times. He's gotten very handsy these days. Whenever he's with Charlie he always has his arm around Charlie or his hand on his thigh. I've never felt a jealousy, so potent before this that it threatens to burn me from inside out. The only thing that Charlie and I discuss these days is the fact that Louis has been accepted in some posh restaurant here as a chef and that he's gonna be living at Doreen's place till he finds a place of his own. He'd arrived last Friday and we had helped him settle down a bit. All the while Louis had kept whining about how he wanted Charlie to give up Paul so that he could go out with him. He even shared the plan for an ugly breakup that would leave Paul all broken and then he could comfort Paul and then it would be like some romance novel... well. There's a reason I like Louis so much. 

I'd finally brought up the topic of Charlie's birthday party on Monday two days before his birthday and he happily agreed to a quiet dinner. "But... ", he'd said just as I started to imagine a Paul less day and an extremely romantic setup for me to tell Charlie about my feelings just after everyone would leave, and that had dampened my mood immediately. "I won't be there the entire evening, I'll be home before dinner. Paul wants to take me to listen to him playing. Oh! I'll bring him along!", he'd added brightly. "Oh. That's... that's okay. That's good.", I'd replied. Belle had just given me a 'it'll-get-better' look.

🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫

"So... I look okay, right?? ", Charlie finally asks when I stay silent and slightly open mouthed for a few more minutes. "Wow... you look wow.", I tell him. Yeah, that's the word. He looks wow. I just realized that Charlie doesn't need sexy shirts and leather pants to look delectable. A crisp white shirt, deep blue denims and a charcoal grey suit jacket are enough to make him look like sin. He looks like he's walked straight out of one of those movie posters and I desperately want to jump him. Belle snickers beside me and now I want to hit her on the head. Charlie smiles. "Thanks, I'll head out then. See you at dinner.", he says and makes his way towards the door. I can't wait for him to come back home.

🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫

Charlie gets up on a chair to bring down the dishes because I couldn't find them and Paul's gaze immediately flies to Charlie's crotch. Paul licks his lips. I swear to God, if he lays so much as a finger on Charlie, I'm going to tie him to my car by his tongue and then drive it in circles till he turned inside out. Ever since they've come back from wherever they'd gone, Paul hasn't once removed his eyes from Charlie's arse and now it seems his crotch too and my patience is hanging in there by a thin string. "Here, I'll help you serve.", Charlie says to me as he hands me over a few dishes and I nod. "Paul, if you'll excuse us for a bit. ", I tell Paul as sweetly as I can. Paul just glares at me and I smile. He turns around and leaves. I look at Charlie, the way his long fingers work. Our wedding ring glints, he always replaces it on his index finger whenever he goes out with Paul. Can't have him knowing that I'm not just a 'roommate'. I can't wait for everyone to leave. Charlie looks at me and smiles, I smile back. I can't to wait to tell him how much I love him.

🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫

"It's gonna be fine! Now, don't make too much noise because as much as I love you guys, listening to parents having sex is just gross so... ", Belle trails off and I slap her on the head. She winks and pads off to her room. I take a deep breath. All I have to wait for now is for Paul to leave and then... well I've got my room decorated with candles and I'm planning on getting down on one knee and telling Charlie everything. It's gonna be perfect. Speaking of Paul, he's disappeared from the kitchen, shit... where did he go? He's not... I walk up to Charlie's bedroom.