CHAPTER 14: ICON OF STARDOM

That morning, Geiz just walking around the town alone. Then, he accidently bumped into someone.

"Gomen, ojoo-san", said Geiz.

"Geiz-kun, sore wa anatadesu ka?" asked the woman. (Geiz, is that you?) Geiz looked up and was surprised as that woman is his sister's old rival, The Icon of Stardom, Mayu Iwatani.

"Iwatani-san ka. Hisashiburidana", said Geiz. (Oh, it's you, Iwatani-san. It's been a while)

"Watashi wa anatatowatashi ni seishikide wanai koto o itta nodesu ka? Watashi no namae de denwa shite kudasai", said Mayu. (I've told you to not being so formal with me, right?Just call me with my first name)

"Gomen, Mayu-san", said Geiz while scratching his head that not even itchy.

"Saikin no chōshi wa dōdesu ka?" asked Mayu. (How you're doing, nowadays?)

"Sate, omai ga miru koto ga dekiru yō ni. Amari yokunai", said Geiz. (Well, as you can see. Not very good)

"Dō shita no?" asked Mayu.

"Atoranta de no shō kara kaeru tochū de jiko ni makikoma remashita", said Geiz. (I got involved in an accident in my way back from a show at Atlanta)

"Dōsureba sore ga okorimasu ka?" asked Mayu. (How can that happen?)

"Tsukarete nemui toki ni unten shite ita", said Geiz. (I was driving when I was tired and sleepy)

"Dōshite?" asked Mayu. (Why?)

"Shukuhaku suru hoteru no heya ga mitsukarimasen. Dakara, ore wa ōrando ni modoru koto ni shimashita", said Geiz. (I can't find hotel room to stay. So, I choose to drive back to Orlando)

"Baaka ja nai. Sore wa yaku 6-jikan no untendesu", said Mayu. (Are you a fool? That's about 6 hours driving)

"Hoka no sentakushi wa arimasen. Sonotoki, machi no subete no hoteru wa riyō dekimasen", said Geiz. (I don't have other option. All hotels in the town are unavailable that time) Mayu just shook her head.

"Tokorode, atashi wa ima iku hitsuyō ga arimasu. Ja mata ne", said Mayu. (By the way, I need to go now. See you later, then)

"Bye bye, Mayu", said Geiz. Then, Mayu gives Geiz a quick hug before left.

"Kanojo wa warukunaikedo", mumbled Geiz alone. (She's not bad though) Then, he walkes away.

That night;

Geiz is playing chess with Hariz.

"Bro, can I ask your opinion about something?" asked Geiz.

"Sure. What is it?" asked Hariz in returned.

"What do you think about the Icon of Stardom?" asked Geiz.

"Mayu Iwatani, huh. She's cute and kind. One of my best friends among girls. She's caring and funny too sometimes. Why, are you interested on her now instead of Kaori-san?" asked Hariz in returned.

"Well, maybe. I don't know just yet", said Geiz.

"If you're not sure about it, Geiz. You better don't try to flirt with her yet. You might break her heart", said Hariz.

"I know that. It just that I had felt something different when I met her just now", said Geiz.

"So, that's why all of sudden you're talking about her, huh?" asked Hariz.

"Well, I guess so. I even begin to think just now, what if until today I chase for the princess that doesn't want me but ignoring the one that just in front of me", said Geiz.