Chapter 10

" You need to be more aware on how the children feel." [M/N] said calmly, his [E/C] watching Mateo before slowly continues his statement. " I know the kids don't understand the pressure of this world, especially when it comes to their future and their careers that they want to go into. Gaz loves games, and perhaps gets a job creating them, testing them or whatever else. Dib enjoys the paranormal and their cryptic messages, maybe he will find a job that will be in that area or not. It is their decision and not their parents."

" I know Dib enjoys the fakeness and piazza of Paranormal-science, if you can call it that, but I am trying to direct my children in the right direction. Science will always be there, so will video games despite how goofy it is." Mateo said as he rubbed his hands together in a nervous manner. " I am just trying to show Dib, science is more important than these myths and magic-nonsense." Mateo was doing the right thing, in his mind, he was trying to save Dib from turning into some creep that lived in the street and holding some sign. The world is ending because Bigfoot said so. It would read. " I'm just trying to raise them, raise them good."

" I understand that, but you're being obvious to how you treat their interest!" [M/N] said, moving to sit across from Mateo. He wanted to move, move his hand and tell him how annoyed he was with the human. He couldn't stand seeing the kids upset. " There's a difference with actively showing them better careers for them and shoving your science nonsense down their throats. Yes, the things that come out of Dib's mouth can be nonsense at times but regardless of that, you support him because you are his father." It sounded like a statement but the scolding tone was huge on the alien's tone of voice.

" I know where you are coming from, [M/N]. You come from a very different family then mine." Membrane said, his hands folded on the table. His goggles glinting thanks to the light coming from the kitchen light. [M/N] could see some of the amber eyes thanks to the light, he could stare deeply into them but he couldn't be distracted by him and his human attractiveness. " I strive to figure more ways science could help us, help us build our future by saving the Earth and creating ways on how to use energy. True science and work, I just want Dib to continue it. He's growing up and needs to figure out what branch of science he wants to pursue." Mateo wasn't getting the point across.

" He wants to pursue Para-science." [M/N] said straightforward, his eyebrows furrowed and he felt himself becoming angry. Mateo should now what his son needs by now, Dib didn't want discoveries or a safer future, he wanted support from his dad. " He wants to learn more about these demons, these Casper the Friendly ghost types and aliens."

" Are you unwell? Your mind seems to be drifting into things that can't be explained by science." Professor Membrane said, [M/N]'s eyes widen a bit as he stared at the scientist. " You're not honestly accepting of this behavior are you? Insanity can't be spread viral."

[M/N] felt offended, insanity? He isn't insane, he just wanted Dib and Matteo to get along. He wanted them to have the nice relationship that parent's had with their smeets, [M/N] didn't need to be insulted and implied to be insane for actually believing Dib. Taking a deep breath, holding his anger, " No. I'm just saying, as a father, you should be supporting his dreams and goals. That's a father's job after all, you're not his owner, you're a father. You can't mold Dib into whatever you want."

" I am not having this argument with his babysitter." Mateo said as he stood up from the table, fist clenched a bit. " I am not finishing this childish spat with someone I pay to watch my beloved children. My employee."

That hurt [M/N], it just made his squeedlyspooch twist the wrong way, he didn't know what an emp-oy-eee but it hurt the Tallest feelings a lot. His eyes lowered to the floor and sniffed lightly, he didn't want to cry but that really hurt especially when the other invited him out for fun. He shouldn't get his hopes up at all thinking the tall human would actually like him. " You're right, that's my job to care for the children as an employ-ee.." His voice cracked a bit, he used the sleeve of his human clothes to wipe his slowly dripping tears away.

" [M/N]..."

" It's also to make sure the children are taken cared of and make sure their safe!" [M/N] snapped, as he looked at Mateo with red and irritated eyes. " If you won't support Dib then I will, if you don't see how Gaz is upset with the fighting then I will. You paid me to do the work that you lack to do. Call me insane, or stupid or whatever but you won't control how I'll care for them Re- Mateo!"

[M/N] walked out the kitchen, stomping up the stairs and slammed the door behind him loudly. Mateo winced before hearing the door and pulling Gaz out from her room and into Dib's room once more. The door slammed loudly.

Mateo kept slient, he stared at his hands and closed his eyes to. He takes a deep breath before letting it out. He wanted Dib to take over for him when he died, he wanted Dib to be taken cared of and let go of those childish wishes and hunts. He wanted Dib to be just like him but he knew [M/N] was right. He didn't have any control on what Dib did or want to do. He hated arguing with anyone unless they were rightfully wrong.

He wanted [M/N] to be wrong but Mateo knew he was the one in the wrong this time. He didn't exactly feel happy with himself when he made the poor babysitter cry.