CHAPTER 15

" How do you want your tea?" Mateo asked as he walked into the living room, and placed the tray with varies of teas, sugar, milk and two cups. " What kind of tea do you drink? I have some bitter ones, sweet ones, energizing ones which I don't recommend during this and ones that slowly lulls you to sleep.

[M/N] who was on the couch, staring at the ceiling turns to the sound of Mateo's voice and looked over the teas that the man sat out. His tired eyes glancing at each of them, before asking in a soft and tired voice, " The sweetest tea you have, I need something to dull the pain." [M/N] said, most of the bullets that were aimed at his back, ones that hurt him was already healed and his skin was sewed up. His skin healing, and making sure there weren't any scars left. Though, the one in leg wasn't healing up, his PAK refused to because the bullet was still in there and the PAK couldn't take it out, so the fire sensation was in there and around the wound. He needed medical assistance badly before the wound could get infected.

" Ah Yerba tea then, usually I would say how it isn't good for you to drink something super sweet since it's almost two in the morning but.." Mateo poured the tea leafs into the clear teapot where steaming hot water was inside. He watched as everything mixed, the leaves swirls around the clear tea pot and stands still. Some leaves were dancing still in the water, and his gaze glanced at [M/N] than the tea pot. This man, my children's babysitter, he is strong, a truly brave soul on this planet. He went to a place where he could be killed and came back with my son, unharmed..I've never met a man so incredible like him before..

" I enjoy sugary things when I'm in pain. It's culture I guess?" [M/N] said, but sounded like a question himself, He stared at Mateo who was making him a nice cup of tea. His stomach grumbles in displeasure, he hadn't ate at all today and now [M/N] was getting hungry, the smell of sugar was stirring him up. " That smells wonderful."

" Thank you." Mateo puts two spoons of sugar into the tea cup, he offers it to the babysitter who drinks a sip before drowing it all without hesitation, [M/N] didn't even care that it burnt his throat a bit. Mateo watched, wincing a bit because the cup was hot. He then moved from where he was, and slowly sat beside the babysitter, legs crossed a bit. " In a few, the pain pill I made in the lab will numb you slowly. Then we can proceed to your leg wound.." Mateo explained, " I'm still very confused why I can't take you to the hospital." 

" I don't like the hospital." [M/N] said as he looked at his now empty tea cup, It was good when it lasted.. " Plus, Zim and I don't exactly fit in.."

" If it's because you don't have insurance, then I can cover it." Mateo said, as he pulled the tools out of his pocket, he had many of them anyway, surely there would be a sugary knife somewhere. " You don't have to pay me back either."