Chapter 12 [Pt.2]

Having Mateo could've been worst, the guy never shuts up about all the knowledge he had on a particular animal

Having Mateo could've been worst, the guy never shuts up about all the knowledge he had on a particular animal. It could've been a frog, snake, beaver or a damn flamingo. [M/N] was the one in charge of the kids of course and telling them the fun facts while Mateo stayed with the dull ones. This really confused the kids and Zim. They began to notice the high tension between [M/N] and the Professor, how thick it was.

[M/N] walked behind the kids, who marveled or even seemed curious about any animals that came up. They stopped and stared at the polar bears, Zim marveled at the white bears and pressed his hands and face against the window. His fake eyes shinning in curiosity, and awe. His mind was probably thinking of ways on how to use polar bears in his plans. Dib was a foot away, but his eyes watched the bear with a grin on his face, he wasn't a dog person or fish person, he was pretty okay-ish around cats but seeing animals always brought out some childish wonder in him. Gaz on the other hand was on her GS4 but merely glanced at the polar bear for a full minute before returning to her game.

[M/N] stared at the animal in awe as well, the huge being of meat and white fur was actually pretty cute. It also had fur-smeets around it, pawing at each other and letting out soft growls from their mouths. He along with the humans watched, some taking pictures at the animals. His [E/C] eyes glanced to the panel and moved closer, a gentle smile coming to his lips. " Hey kids, did you know polar bears, female and male can live up to 2-"

" 30 years actually." Mateo interrupts, as he also stared at the small family of polar bears. [M/N] snapped his head towards the Professor who doesn't notice the annoyance gathering in his [E/C] eyes. " When they live in captivity such as Zoo's, they can live up to thirty years instead of 25, there were some lucky bears that lived up to 45." He gestures to the bears, " The father and his two cubs are gonna live here for a very long time."

" Cool." Dib whispered as the reply seemed to brighten up Mateo a bit. " EXCUSE ME! Zim demands to know how one Polar bear survives out in the blasted freezing temperature." Zim exclaimed before crossing his arms, his eyes staring at Mateo expectantly. " ZIM demands answers." Mateo lets out a soft laugh, sounding genuine as he ruffled Zim's fake hair. Zim hissed and moved to smack Mateo's hand but the Professor moved it.

" Little boy, polar bears survive thanks to their fur and fat. They usually have two types of fur, the over coat and under coat. Also, the fur they have on at the moment keeps them warm as the temperature around them goes down." Mateo said as Zim made noises of acknowledgement as Mateo explained how Polar bears live in the artic temperatures. [M/N] rolled his eyes as he moved closer to look at the Polar bears, and even took pictures of them with his 'phone'. " They look so amazing.." Dib said, as he looked up to [M/N]. " A nice break from fighting even though Zim is here.."

" I know..but at least he seems more into the animals facts than opening them up." [M/N] hummed before taking another picture, and grins seeing that one of the cubs looked directly at them as he took a picture. " Look Dib! He looked at the camera." [M/N] shows the tween who looks at the camera, grinning at the picture. " He looks very intelligent," [M/N] commented as Dib laughs a bit. " What's so funny?"