Chapter 11 - War Talk

Nathaniel's POV

I hated to be interrupted, especially while being in the middle of something with Arabella. Her lips were soft and sweet, it was the most delicious thing I've tasted in my life. But I knew Xavier would never trouble me if it was anything trivial. 

I looked back at Ara, her back was leaned tightly against the wall - wanting to put as much distance between me and her as possible. I was afraid to leave her here, always afraid that she would run away from me again. Although I knew I would catch her again, it would still pain me if she left. 

"I'll be right back princess. Be a good girl and stay here, won't you? " I said, running my fingers through her soft brown hair. 

She turned away, disgusted. I felt a pang in my chest to see her distaste for me. 

"Remember what I said Ara,"

There was no response. Being ignored felt worse than being hurled insults at. I was losing her before I even had her. I hated myself for doing this to us, for pushing her away, for making her reject me. 

"I will earn back your love. I promise." I knew I would do whatever it took to gain back her trust and affection, I would do anything for her at this point. I needed her and I didn't quite understand why, I only knew it hurt to be away from her. My body craved hers, it got harder and harder to withstand the urges to feed from her. And I could only imagine how sweet her blood would be, but I restrained myself, not wanting to further damage our already broken relationship.

______________________________________________________________________

I walked into the oval and took my seat at the front of the table as usual. The others had a grim expression on their faces, the moment I took my seat they exploded into discussion - filling me in with as much information as possible.

The human resistance had joined forces with the witches. This suprised me, considering how neutral the witches had always been regarding the wars of the supernatural. The humans must have made them a handsome deal. Witches could be powerful, but I was not worried, seeing as I had some of the strongest witches in this very castle working for me.

Apparently, the resistance was working on some form of a weapon. That could strengthen the human soldiers, allowing them the supernatural strength werewolves and vampires had - without the blood sucking or beast turning tendencies. It was hard to believe, and highly unlikely they could even create such a thing. No matter how powerful these witches claim to be, it would upset the balance of everything. And not many witches would dare to do that, they would have consequences to pay.

I gave the instruction to proceed as per normal, to wipe out the werewolves - especially those of alpha blood immediately. Without the alphas, packs would fall apart and disintegrate, turning them all into harmless rouges. So far my plan was working, more than 90% of the alphas have been killed, their packs obliterated by my vampire troops. You see, it was easy to kill werewolves in large numbers. Because by killing one of them, you are essentially taking two lives. Mates would get weak and eventually die when their mates are killed, this had been discovered since the earliest of wars. The werewolves biggest mistake was to agree to help the pathetic human race. This war was almost over. After the werewolves, the humans had nothing to defend themselves. We would take over, one territory by one territory. 

________________________________________________________________

I waited patiently for Arabella's return in her room, I was pleased at how they had put up the place exactly how I instructed them too. "spacious, let more light in, connect it to the gardens" 

I heard her footsteps approaching, she had a smile on her face as she entered the room. She looked beautiful when she was happy, her cheeks giving off a rosy glow. 

But as soon as she saw me, her smile dropped. "What are you doing here?" she sounded afraid.

I frowned slightly, "Relax Ara... I'm not going to hurt you."

She kept silent.

"Have you eaten your dinner?"

She nodded.

"That's good...." I said awkwardly, glancing around her room. Clearly, she was not interested in speaking to me.

"Nathaniel?"

I snapped my head towards her excitedly, "Yes?"

"Can I see Faye?" she played with her fingers nervously, tugging on the hem of her skirt.

My heart fell slightly, but the look on her face made it impossible to deny her. "Yes, tomorrow. I will bring her to you myself."

She smiled gratefully, "Thank you," she said shyly.

I walked slowly towards her, her eyes widening as she noticed this gesture. When I was close enough to touch her, I softly pulled her into an embrace. She let her arms rest limpy beside her. But I was glad, even though she did not return the hug, that she did not push me away. 

I buried my nose into her hair, her smell was like a drug. I could go crazy just being that close to her, I felt like an infatuated kindergardener. I planted a short kiss on her forehead before pulling away.

"I'll let you rest now. Goodnight Ara, sweet dreams."

I glanced back at her before walking out the door, I could swear I saw her cupping her face with her tiny hands, her cheeks flushed blush red. I smiled to myself, pulling the door shut.

___________________________________________________

Nathaniel on the right >

As always, thank you guys so much for reading! :) <3 Don't forget to comment and vote!