Chapter 12 - Paris

Ara had woken up especially ealy this morning, Nathaniel had promised to let her meet Faye and honestly she was far too excited to sleep in. One of the maids, Phoebe, brought in her favourite donuts and a cup of orange juice for breakfast, on the silver tray was a little note "With Compliments, Nathaniel"

Not long after there was a soft knock on the door, "Ara?" It was Nathaniel.

"Coming!" Ara quickly swallowed the remains of her breakfast and rushed to open the door.

"Good morning beautiful," Nathaniel said as soon as he laid eyes on the pretty brunette, a lazy smile on his face.

"Morning," she squeaked out shyly in return, trying to peek around his shoulder to see if Faye was there. But his tall frame and broad shoulders completely blocked out whatever was behind him.

He noticed and gave a little smile, slowly moving out of the way - revealing a petite looking girl. Ara's eyes widened as she realised who it was. The girl who stood before her looked thin and frail, black rings framed her eyes. She didn't appear to have any injuries but instead, looked deathly ill. Ara brought her hand up to her lips as she took in the appearance of her best friend, "Faye?" she choked out.

"Ara," the girl whimpered back.

Immediately Faye rushed towards her, locking her in a tight hug. Tears were brimming Ara's eyes, and she gave in to the urge to let out a soft sob as she hugged her friend back. Ara had missed Faye so much, and it was overwhelming to finally meet someone she knew.

Nathaniel's heart broke at the sight of Arabella, he had tried to convince Faye to eat. He spent hours in the dungeon every day, trying to coax Faye into revealing more information about Ara. But Faye simply would not buy it, she was far too distraught by the absence of her mate, Ethan as she had mentioned. He recalled their conversation the night before:

Nathaniel's POV

The girl sat limply in her chair, the smell of the small dirty smell was hard to bear and Iscrunched his nose in disgust. "What happened here?" I questioned the guard standing outside the steel bars. "Sewage pipe broke, sir."

I turned to face Faye, still looking dazed and void of any expression. "It's alright, you will be glad to know you won't be here much longer"

Faye looked up at me mockingly, "Are you doing to kill me?"

"No,"

"You might as well do, I can't bear this any longer" she said with a twisted smile, her eyes emotionless just minutes ago now looked ready to kill.

"There's someone that wants to meet you"

Her eyes sparked up instantly with hope, "Ethan?"

"No. Arabella."

"Ara? She's in this castle? She's alive? How?"

"Yes, she is very much alive...."

Faye looked at me suspiciously, waiting for me to continue.

"There's been some....complications to this situation. I care very much for Ara. And she cares for you. She wants to meet you. I intend to let you stay by her side, on one condition."

"And what is that?"

"Make her love me, again."

Faye looked at Nathaniel. Blinked once. Twice. And then she ripped into an uncontainable laughter, she was bended over, her hands clutched her stomach as she laughed.